• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vehicle outline debate

flat rock stan

After searching this site for info on vehicle outline programs it seems most members here are divided on the worth of just a picture of the car and the different programs. While searching the net I came up with 2 – 3 company’s that sell software for around 500 to 600 bucks. Being a newbie and a slow learning one at that I thought I would ask for feedback or suggestions.
thanks
Stan

gvgraphics

It all depends on you preference. Some like the templates and some use a magnetic circle or square stuck to the vehicle set to a specific size. Then enlarge there picture till the shape is the size it is suppose to be. Personally I do it both ways. It depends on if I can get to see the vehicle or not. I have allot of clients that are a hour or more away. The templates work good in this case. I only have to go and install, instead of a trip to measure and a trip to install. It all boils down to your budget and preference.

Techman

the problem with the cd's is they do not have all the vehicles on them.
You spend a couple hundred on them but soon find that some vehicles are not there.

gvgraphics

the problem with the cd's is they do not have all the vehicles on them.
You spend a couple hundred on them but soon find that some vehicles are not there.

I agree with techman. But I have found that most of the common ones are on them. Then again they have makes and models that are over seas only as well. They come in handy but I wouldn't depend on them for every job.

Pro vehicle outlines & camera should cover most of what you will need. If you have the time , shop around for a while & try to pick up one that is a couple years old. All the newer models can be easily found at the local dealership lot or in their service area.

Poconopete

I recently got the 06 version of mr-clipart from summa for $99. summastore.com/clipart.php?

Last edited:

Checkers

I found Pro Vehicle Outlines to be the most accurate and it contains the largest collection of commercial vehicles sold in North America.
It's been several years since I've tried the other programs, so they may have improved in quality and quantity since then.

Checkers