• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm cutting issue?

landdesigns

Hello, I am having problems when doing contour cuts on graphics, when the Versacamm cuts ,straight lines and curves are fine but corners and inner corners do not cut right.It seems to rip or tear the vinyl instead of a good corner cut, I have tried decreasing the blade force but still does the same thing?, it seems worse on graphics with a laminate. I'm curious what everybody is setting their blade force and any suggestions.

:thankyou:

JAMESGANGRACING

i have the same problem, and have never really solved it.
i have set the eps margin even higher. with 3651 & 210 lam i cut @ 200.
i just try to be carefull weeding.

lilb93

I had the same problem with a versacamm. Set the offset to .10 it helped but did not totally cure it. In the old days of the Gerber supersprint the knife turned in all directions st by the machine. With Roland (and most all others) the knife rotates in the head. The head is plastic and the knife base is also plastic. I took out the knife (the plastic holder) and polished it with Meguiars plastic cleaner #17. Then I put 3 in 1 oil on a rag ( About 3 drops and rubbed it all around. Since then the cutting problem has never reappeared.

Ken

I don't think I could recommend putting oil on plastic parts..graphite(sparingly) perhaps.
Ken

alanzhao

I just experienced this problem this morning and tried to set eps margin to .25 but it doesn't solve the problem.

Anybody found the real solution?

alanzhao

Cutting speed reduction required maybe?

My cutting speed is 30, offset 0.25 force 200

Material is oracal 3551RA with 290 laminate. I've bee doing many test prints with different cofigs still no success.

This is a common issue according to my research there must be a solution.

resqfiremedic

There is a bearing in your blade holder and depending on amount of usage the holders do wear out. You could try a drop of fine machine oil on the bearing. I have replaced these on my roland before when it didnt rotate as in the holder easily.

Samm

Maybe invest in a new blade holder. Cheap enough from ebay etc. Then again...we're talking a print/cut? I don't know how these things are set up, was just going by a regular cutter.

BROOKS

check the cut strip where the blade goes across there might be a cut in that some how and can mess with the cut i was having a problem similer and changed the cut strip and it works fine now

alanzhao

I switch the blade holder with my CX-500's. Problem solved. I only have vp-540 for few month and rarely use it to cut so I thought the blade was good as new until now.

thanks all.