• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaCamm Cutting problems

Mason

SP 300V is not making complete contour cuts.

The cutlines look like dashed lines, not completely cutting, Ive changed the blade, adjusted cut pressure both up and down, reduced the "up speed" all to no avail.. anyone got any suggestions aside from my idea of blowing a hole in it with my 12 gauge..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is it consistantly the same dotted configuration ??
OR​
Does it do it in certain areas more than others ??

Baz

Could be the teflon strip (on the printer under where the blade cuts) that needs to be replaced.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I believe your ink is too wet while cutting.... causing it to ever-so-slightly bunch up and not get a clear cutting surface. The ink sometimes softens the media to a point where we get some crazy cuts also. It's especially annoying at inside corners. Jusy keep your knife handy. :wink:

Mason

I believe your ink is too wet while cutting.... causing it to ever-so-slightly bunch up and not get a clear cutting surface. The ink sometimes softens the media to a point where we get some crazy cuts also. It's especially annoying at inside corners. Jusy keep your knife handy. :wink:
That would be good but Im not printing, just cutting..

Mason

Blade holder, theres a bearing inside the thing that the blade rides in, shit the bed.. new holder, cuts like a charm..

canadianchef

Try This !

I had the same thing happen to me and I found out that a little speck of dirt that gets in where the blade sits in the holder will cause the same result. Use a a little WD 40 or some light oil (like 3-1) and lubricate the blade. This is done by turning the blade holder upside down and putting a few drops inside around the blade.
This fixed my problem with the same issues that you explained.

Many Thanks !
Terry:Canada 2:

customsticker

First check the blade, which is generally obvious when the lines aren't getting through the vinyl, or are tearing the vinyl instead of cutting it.

If you are dealing with the skipping issues, or the problem where the vinyl isn't making turns, or is even not cutting in some places, the protection strip is worn, or the blade holder is shot.

Protection strip first, since its obvious. YOu can't always tell whenever the blade holder is worn out by eye or even by feel (by twisting the blade inside the holder).

DRamm76

If you've changed the blade and it's still not cutting properly, and only cutting in sections with dashes it's probably the blade holder.