• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaCamm Refill Ink Cartridges

Sign Me Up

Aftermarket inks tend to cause trouble... the clog up the lines, etc.
I always get my ink from a dealer after having that issue with some aftermarket stuff.
I use NewEngland Sign Supply Really nice people there and they know their stuff. They actually Help you pick out the inks/media that you need instead of just trying to sell you as much as they can...

NESSCO
Tel: 781-938-1498
Within MA Toll Free:
800-792-5426
Outside MA Toll Free:
800-343-5870

Gene@mpls

I've been using aftermarket bulk Triangle inks since day-one with my machine with no ill effects whatsover. This has been in place for about 20 months now. If anything was going to happen, it would have long ago. I cannot speak for other non-OEM inks, but these inks have been outstanding. I got this before the MAX inks even came out and anyone that used the precursor to MAX can attest to the fact that it wasn't very good.

I am onboard with triangleinx for all the reasons listed so far. I installed triangle when my sp300v was new 30months ago ( Chris- I think you had
triangle before me) NO issues whatever. I can take a print hot out of the
printer and puddle alc on it and scrub after 2 min with almost no ink coming
up. I just installed a vp540 this week with a triangle bulk system- I wouldn't
have bought it if I couldn't use Triangle. Gene

mark in tx

Take a print with eco-sol inks, any variation, and wipe it with a paper towel soaked in alcohol.

Now do it on a print with triangle ink.

I'll bet 5 bucks the triangle ink won't wipe away.

design unfolds

I have been reading a lot, it seems Triangle ink is the best. The thing is i am not in USA, i am based in UK. It will be hard to find this over here.

AlexT

As the other members have mentioned the few bucks you will save is not worth the risk and hassle. Stick with OEM and your Roland will print for 10 years (and still going) like mine has. Unless of course you have won the lottery and can replace your dead printer on the spot. : )

dolce05

warranty will be voided which is an issue.

Printer bands alot more drawing from bulk ink

The money you save is great until something goes wrong....not worth the hassle.

BANNERS2GO

When you are going through a set of inks per week the price difference really adds up. We have used redgiantink.com for over 2 years now and they have them priced for the 440 eco-sol max at $69. If you email them and tell them Marc from banners 2 go referred you they will sell them to you at $60ea. I would say we have saved about $15,000 in ink in the last couple of years. At first they didn't have the chip and the ink would run out in the middle of a job (Pain in the butt) but now they are perfect. We have had our sc-540 pro II for about 9 years with no problems. I wish i've used them the whole time. I will try the alcohol test tomorrow on banner material and compare it to the roland inks that we have on our versacamm. Here is an artical about switching from OEM to a 3rd party. It is a little old but there is a lot of info on it. http://www.nbm.com/library/sb/printingfinishing/ink/MakingtheSwitch.php

newyork

I wouldn't do that if I were you, but good luck if you so do! My Versacamm rocks and I'm not going to do anything that may mess that up.

GSGservice

I get calls all the time from people running third party inks and the having problems with the ink. Good luck trying to get the one of those 3rd party distributors to pay for the repairs. It typically cost $1K when something really goes wrong. How many cartridges are you going to have to buy saving $10 at a time to make this even out? On the plus side if it weren't for cartridges with fish on the sides of them our service department would not have nearly as much work to do.