• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Versaworks 6.9 rip time

jeffkics

Sign Says
So I bought the new vg2 and got the new 6.9 versa going.
I am trying to cut a simple cutline and it is taking 15 min to rip. Compared to ripping on the old version of versa in about a minute. It is the exact same file.
What is the problem? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
Do you have a strange profile set? I have one or two profiles that just take ages for whatever reason.

jeffkics

Sign Says
So look at this. Only thing in task manager that is much different is the Disk Usage. Same file being ripped in each.
upload_2021-4-5_15-4-58.png

victor bogdanov

Try running the new versaworks as administrator. Right click the shortcut and run as administrator. Don't know if this will fix the issue but for some reason when I got my printer installed, the tech made sure I understand to run the new versaworks as administrator to avoid odd issues

jeffkics

Sign Says
I mean your ICC profile in VersaWorks - like the media type dropdown menu that you'd change depending on which media you're using.
YUP! thats it. I was using GCVP from roland when I switched it to generic banner it took a minute.

So why is that? That is a ICC from roland themselves.

Pewter0000

Where do I get ICC's that will work fast and good for the material?

Well ideally you'll have an opportunity to create your own profiles for your machine, that would give you the best result. But you can download ICC profiles from different manufacturers websites (3M, Avery) or use Roland's profile site and indicate which media you use.

Profiling your own machine is a bit of work and takes some time, but it will give you the best results (ie, if you can't nail that bright red, this is the way to do it!); at the same time, if you have had trouble with some vinyls the first thing vinyl sales rep or supports will ask is if you're using their companies profile.

https://rolandprofilecenter.us/medi...nufacturer=-1&media_name=-1&profile_status=-1

That's a link to Roland's profile center to download companies canned profiles.

There are a few topics in this forum already about making your own profiles.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
YUP! thats it. I was using GCVP from roland when I switched it to generic banner it took a minute.

So why is that? That is a ICC from roland themselves.

Depending on the resolution, passes, dithering method, variable dot or not, and rendering intent, different profiles will require more or less processing. Your banner profile is probably low resolution, low pass count, non-variable dot which is much faster to process.

jeffkics

Sign Says
Well ideally you'll have an opportunity to create your own profiles for your machine, that would give you the best result. But you can download ICC profiles from different manufacturers websites (3M, Avery) or use Roland's profile site and indicate which media you use.

Profiling your own machine is a bit of work and takes some time, but it will give you the best results (ie, if you can't nail that bright red, this is the way to do it!); at the same time, if you have had trouble with some vinyls the first thing vinyl sales rep or supports will ask is if you're using their companies profile.

https://rolandprofilecenter.us/medi...nufacturer=-1&media_name=-1&profile_status=-1

I am trying to delete them, and it wont let me delete. the option is greyed out when I select delete. How do you delete them?

Pewter0000

I am trying to delete them, and it wont let me delete. the option is greyed out when I select delete. How do you delete them?

Do you mean in VersaWorks? I wouldn't suggest deleting them until you've got a replacement, but I imagine you could probably delete them in the Media Explorer window (under Media in VersaWorks), either by right-clicking and choosing "delete" or hitting the trash can.

Here's Roland's support on profiles (there is a PDF on the bottom that goes through importing profiles).
https://rolandprofilecenter.us/support.php

jeffkics

Sign Says
Do you mean in VersaWorks? I wouldn't suggest deleting them until you've got a replacement, but I imagine you could probably delete them in the Media Explorer window (under Media in VersaWorks), either by right-clicking and choosing "delete" or hitting the trash can.

Here's Roland's support on profiles (there is a PDF on the bottom that goes through importing profiles).
https://rolandprofilecenter.us/support.php

Yes in versa works it says they are genuine and cannot be deleted. They werent there until i added them, and now it wont allow me to delete them.
upload_2021-4-6_16-46-48.png

jeffkics

Sign Says

Have you got that "RED"? how? :)

jeffkics

Sign Says
So to let everyone know, and thank you for your help, I uninstalled versa, uninstalled the profile app, and deleted all the folders in programdata then reinstalled VW. finally the profiles were gone, and I reinstalled and GCVP is working fine now. Must have been a bad load originally.

Thanks again!