• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help versaworks 6 perf cut

shacho

I am using versaworks 6 with and XR-640 pro 4 and I am attempting to do perf cutting for the first time on laminated vinyl. My problem is the half force only goes up to 80. I typically use about 110 to go through the vinyl and laminate nevermind the backing paper. Can anyone help with this. see picture attached.

thanx

Attachments

• Screenshot - 2020-09-27 , 11_25_41 AM.jpg
    Screenshot - 2020-09-27 , 11_25_41 AM.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 557

stxrmxn

I am using versaworks 6 with and XR-640 pro 4 and I am attempting to do perf cutting for the first time on laminated vinyl. My problem is the half force only goes up to 80. I typically use about 110 to go through the vinyl and laminate nevermind the backing paper. Can anyone help with this. see picture attached.

thanx
Can you change the force on the cutter not through versaworks? And have the cutter ignore the Versaworks settings.

shacho

What about the perf cut. What versa works it does is it goes from 250gf when perf cutting to 80gf when half cutting. Are you suggesting if I change the half force to 110 on my machine it will use that as the force for the half cut and ignore versa works but it would use versa works settings for the per cut? thanx

stxrmxn

Ah no sorry i have it the wrong way round here (few years since we perf cut on a Roland) Perf cut is set up in versaworks not the cutter. I would double check the settings you should be able to go to maximum on both perf and half cut, we used to perf cut very thick laminate on ours.

Joe House

I checked VW Dual and it's the same. I've asked Roland for the reasoning behind this. I'll let you know what their reply is.

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
The half force is the tag left behind. The Perforation force is the cut through the material. My half force is set to 1 and I've never had an issue. My Perforation Force however is usually set to 220 or something based on the thickness of the material. Are your tags damaging your product?

Joe House

It's all personal preference, but I like to set the half cut force equal to what would be the kiss cut force. This leaves tags only in the liner and the vinyl is cut cleanly this way.

shacho

Actually, what I am trying to do is cut two circles. The outer circle will be a full contour cut and the inner circle will be perf cut with tabs but with the same force as the contour cut, not to cut through the liner. The intension is when the whole sticker is pulled off the liner it will grab both the outer and inner circle. At a later date when they want to pull off the outer circle leaving the inner circle.

Attachments

• sticker.jpg
    sticker.jpg
    689.5 KB · Views: 104

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
Why not just use the CutContour on both? Have the outer be a solid stroke and the inner be dashed stroke? Then you can do the test cut etc from the machine.

Costa Mesa Sign

thanx
Half cut is a feature which scores the perforated tabs. I don't like that and leave it at 1gf. Use a 60 degree blade set your perf pressure and do your testing.

Also, I reduce my perf tabs to . 020", but it's a balancing act between perf tab and cut complexity.