• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks "A connection with the server could not be established"

Hi. So I can't get Versaworks to connect to a server. I have rebooted my computer and the internet. I have even gone into Versaworks settings and changed a setting from U.S.A. to Japan which is something I saw on another thread here. It still wont connect to a server. I have Versaworks 6.9 and Windows 11. Any suggestions?

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
I had this issue with VersaWorks 5, I believe it was just because they stopped updating VersaWorks 5.
VW6 is pretty old now, so maybe they've stopped updating it?

netsol

we have flexi running everything
is that the standard versaworks message?
my first question is WHAT SERVER are you not connecting to? (licensing server?)

by the way when troubleshooting a network problem, putting in information you KNOW is incorrect is not a great plan to restore your functionality.

netsol

you probably need to install advanced ip scanner.
if you have a new ip address (in the same range [subnet] ) it will show. install the program, do a scan, sort by manufacturer.
(assuming you have a lot of devices on the network

1675703369428.png

if it doesn't show here it's time for a more advanced lesson, how we find devices no longer in our subnet, but, one thing at a time

netsol

so, do we know what the "trigger event" was?
the thing that changed & started all this? (new modem or router), moved the printer?, power failure?)
that normally shortens the troubleshooting time

cornholio

I had this issue with VersaWorks 5, I believe it was just because they stopped updating VersaWorks 5.
VW6 is pretty old now, so maybe they've stopped updating it?
VW 6.16.1 is the latest and greatest version. It came out last week.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
so, do we know what the "trigger event" was?
the thing that changed & started all this? (new modem or router), moved the printer?, power failure?)
that normally shortens the troubleshooting time
I had the same issue. its all fixed now but I figured I explain... I did call roland and asked them. Everyone had this issue. it was on their side.