• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks and efi i1 Pro es 2000

Biggermens

Hello there

Might be a dumb question but i am looking on getting a used efi i1 Pro ES 2000 spectrophotometer
I just want to make 100% sure it will work with Versaworks 5
I might be blind but I don't see it listed in the measurement instrument list

Thanks
Biggs

omgsideburns

I know this is old, but I had a similar question I was able to answer for myself. The ES-2000 photospectrometer is EFI's licensed version of the X-Rite i1Pro 2, and using the drivers for it allowed it to work in Onyx for profiling & calibration. I cannot confirm you can use X-Rites software with it since it's technically an EFI licenced product for use with Fiery, but if your software doesn't require anything but the driver, it should work fine. These are fairly inexpensive because they come with a lot of Xerox production printers and just get tossed when the printer is put out to pasture.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
as far as using the xrite software, the license(s) are stored in the device, as you buy them (or dont buy them)
cmyk is a seperate license

we chose to use flexi as a monthly subscription since all the xrite's are native supported in flexi

i am not sure if ANYONE else besides flexi does this.

we have about 5 or 6 of the xrites. (sometimes i tend to buy things BEFORE i understand the requirements)
they all show different licenses installed.

the efi will probably have a license file installed (?) for the efi branded version of the software.

Med

I know this is old, but I had a similar question I was able to answer for myself. The ES-2000 photospectrometer is EFI's licensed version of the X-Rite i1Pro 2, and using the drivers for it allowed it to work in Onyx for profiling & calibration. I cannot confirm you can use X-Rites software with it since it's technically an EFI licenced product for use with Fiery, but if your software doesn't require anything but the driver, it should work fine. These are fairly inexpensive because they come with a lot of Xerox production printers and just get tossed when the printer is put out to pasture.
Where to find the standalone EFI driver for the ES-2000 please?