• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks question

B Snyder

I'm in the market for a printer and while looking over the info on the Roland website I see that the VersaCAMM VP series comes with "VersaWorks RIP with Enhanced Productivity Tools" and the VersaCAMM SP series comes with "VersaWorks RIP."

What are the "Enhanced Productivity Tools?"

Sign Works

I believe that is what is referred to as a "Sales Pitch" , just their chosen wording to make it sound like your getting more than with the SP series. If you look at the features of the more expensive XC printer/cutter it gives the same basic description of the Versaworks software as the SP series does.

They could be referring to the "Roland Color" feature which is a spot color matching system that the software was upgraded to about the same time of the release of the VP series.

I do not believe there is any difference in the provided Versaworks RIP software which ever printer you select, you could ask Roland to verify. Irregardless of which printer is purchased you can always upgrade online to most current version of Versaworks.

mediaman

The VP and SP utilize the same VersaWorks software. In order to take advantage of all the upgrades, which should be set to run automatically, the computer that has VersaWorks should be connected to a high-speed Internet connection. I believe the Enhanced Productivity Tools are the Color Library,and any available upgrades, as mentioned. As far as the wording being a sales pitch, Roland is in this business to make money:thumb:.