• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks users, why does the RIP program...

threeputt

...insist on putting some sort of "weed border" or space around the image? I've checked all of the settings that I can think of. It didn't used to do this, only recently started. I'm sure I must have "ticked" a setting somewhere, but where?

In case I haven't been plain about this. Example: I'm printing images, say, 5"x5" in multiples and when they're displayed there is a space between them. And it's a different amount of space than the "tile space setting". (the one that actually allows you to space them apart).

What gives? Any help greatly appreciated. And acknowledged.

LittleSnakey

its not copy spacing but there is another variable for the space around the outside of the objects. You need it to be a value bigger than 0 or else it will cut off part of the print or it won't fully contour cut. Ours is set to 0.0625. Before I figured this out I would put a white outline around all my designs.

flyinhawaiian968

I dunno if that's what causes it, b/c I have the same issue with cutcontour eps files. The sizing also changes and I haven't found a setting for it that affects that border. I know its not spacing around the cutcontour line, as I just ran a job last night with the same issues, there was a ¼ inch black outline for the cutcontour line to cut into (my safety zone, or trapping if you will), yet it still put a blue weed border around the whole thing, which sent it outside of the printable area and created a second file with an eighth inch black piece!

Will keep an eye on this thread to see if someone has a solution!

Chris

threeputt

Bleed limit setting? Hmmm.. I'll have to check on that. Is there actually a setting for that in the export filter dialog box? Let me do a bit of experimenting.

Sign Works

As previously stated I believe it's the .EPS file format Margin setting that's necessary in Versaworks. For example mine is set to .1 so when I print multiples of an image it has the .1" for each image + the copy spacing of lets say .2" the total space now between multiple printed images is .4 which adds up to a lot of wasted media & lam when doing large quantities of small decals. I think I'm gonna experiment to see just how low the .EPS Margin setting can be set and still be effective, I've heard that you can set it to .01" we shall see.

I believe it is the EPS margin value which is adding the space between copies.

I have output numerous raster TIF images with 0 margin and they always but each other, with absolutely no space between the copies. The value set in the EPS Margin field has no effect on raster files like TIF or JPG.

Bob