• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks won't print after windows 10 install

I can't print to versaworks anymore it just gets stuck in the windows print queue. Have to import files, Its really more of an annoyance.

Would hate to have to reinstall.

Edit: to be more specific I cannot click print from Illustrator. The file goes to the void. Versaworks will print to the Roland but after I import the file manually.

CS-SignSupply

Without a functioning Windows 10 Driver, this will be the result. No word yet, that I have been told, about a Windows 10 Driver.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Can you run Illustrator in a legacy mode in Windows 10 like you can with Windows 7?
I know in Win 7 I can right click and "troubleshoot" to get it to run in an older Windows mode. (I do this for Gerber Omega)

CanuckSigns

this is why you never upgrade to the newest OS on a production machine, Learned that lesson with a previous version of windows, had to wipe the HDD and reinstall the previous version. we still run windows XP on some machines here because if it aint broke, don't fix it.

sewfun52

VersaWorks stopped

So last night I printed fine. Today, VersaWorks won't open. I get the splash screen and the "new" blue screen - the program has to close. I updated to windows 10 some time ago and had no problems - until this morning. I'm loading it on a different computer to see if that will work. Update, the second computer got as far as looking for the file to print then closed. Not good.

7oaks

I downloaded Win 10 and received an error message when I clicked the start button. As a result my user file had to be deleted and a new one created. Needless to say, thank goodness for backup. All files were lost. Only thing I had was the programs. Known problem on Win 10 end.

Ken

phototec

FYI: I worked at Dell computers corporate offices in Round Rock Texas as a sr. graphic designer and whenever a new version of Windows came out we would NEVER install it on our Dell production work stations because of exactly what the OP posted.

I found it ironic that we were selling the NEW latest version of Windows operating system to our customers and all 15,000 employees at Dell would keep using the older PROVEN operating system until all the bugs could be worked out. Because I don't want to be a Ginny pig, I will not be updating to Windows 10 anytime soon...

ATD Signs

If all of your machines are working with windows xp or 7 or 8 then stay with it. Every time windows comes out with a new operating system it always seems to screw somebody up.
It's like buyng a new model car the first year out, it's never as good as they say it is, and did you ever wonder why windows is letting you upgrade for free?

gzolee

its printing

Versaworks prints and cuts on windows 10, you don't need to use compatibility mode!!!!

Attachments

• Photo on 17-12-2015 at 15.38.jpg
    Photo on 17-12-2015 at 15.38.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 380