• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vertical Banding on Brand new Mimaki UJV55-320

Aris

We just bought a brand new Mimaki UJV55-320 and we have severe and strange vertical banding in 2 passes and 4 passes .
Very disappointed with Mimaki since it’s been 4 days the machine is installed and still no solution!!!!

Aris

Attachments

• IMG_2372.jpg
    IMG_2372.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 938
  • IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 862
  • IMG_2373.jpg
    IMG_2373.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 831

ToTo

Professional Support
Which RIP u are using?
Try first with Rasterlink.
Who sold the machine and RIP? They are responsible for any warranty.

Aris

Rasterlink. Mimaki official distributor sold us the machine! But they do not know what’s wrong!

Aris

Unfortunately with all material. Actually before we purchased the printer we tested the same materials on exactly the same printer in Greece and there were no issues/problems

ToTo

Professional Support
If it’s on all media I would try to get help from Mimaki through the sales company. If they can’t solve it machine needs to be replaced immediately.
Have bou the machine with „soft media kit“?

André Silva

Try to print whith unidirectional mode to check if is making. but i think the problem will be in the lamps that are not working ok.

Aris

We are already in touch with the representative in Cyprus. They keep receiving instructions from Mimaki Europe to do some tests. All the tests performed so far have not led to any conclusion.....
I do not beleive they know whats wrong so we will demand for a replacement, but I am sure they will try to avoid this...
I do not think that the soft media kit will make any difference, After all the printer we tested the materials in Greece, with no problem, did not have one

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not an expert on Mimaki, but if a machine uses UV lamps for curing, I would venture to say they'll never cure for about 8 months if they're turned off and you put the signs out in the sun for a long time.

To me, it looks as if your signal is constantly being interrupted while sending. Not randomly, but constantly. I'd check cables and inputs, ethernet and signals for possible losses. Something must be interfering with your signal. Is your electric clean ??

André Silva

Yes the ink will never cure or dry without the lamps. But the question here is not to use the machine without lamps is just to check if is the lamps or not that are causing the vertical banding. When the lamps are not working fine it cause a bad cure of the ink and it possible to see anomalies in the color and printing. Normally vertical banding is cause for problems in the X-assis of the machine (encoder, encoder sensor, engine etc..) but once this machine also the lamps that is going in x-assis its easy to start to check this

Hamster

I've seen this problem on many printers.
problem may be in input electrical power supply, the voltage drops when loaded.
In this happening needed check input electrical circuit.

Another cause in motor speed. Need programming servo driver for electricity in acceleration, work mode and bracking

Aris

I've seen this problem on many printers.
problem may be in input electrical power supply, the voltage drops when loaded.
In this happening needed check input electrical circuit.

Another cause in motor speed. Need programming servo driver for electricity in acceleration, work mode and bracking
Problem with input electrical power is not possible since the machine is connected to UPS.

Warpspace

I once spoke someone who had vertical banding and it took them 4 months to solve the problem. The problem turned out to be some kind of imbalance in the lamp fans causing the carriage to vibrate during print. Replacing the fans solved that one.

Perhaps try without the lamps fans on JUST FOR A VERY SHORT TIME, and see if it helps. If the problem goes away, replace the fans.