• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vertical Banding on Brand new Mimaki UJV55-320

Aris

I once spoke someone who had vertical banding and it took them 4 months to solve the problem. The problem turned out to be some kind of imbalance in the lamp fans causing the carriage to vibrate during print. Replacing the fans solved that one.

Perhaps try without the lamps fans on JUST FOR A VERY SHORT TIME, and see if it helps. If the problem goes away, replace the fans.
Checked it problem is still there

Aris

I've seen this problem on many printers.
problem may be in input electrical power supply, the voltage drops when loaded.
In this happening needed check input electrical circuit.

Another cause in motor speed. Need programming servo driver for electricity in acceleration, work mode and bracking
How can we do that?

Aris

The problem was not solved to our disappointment. Mimaki replaced the machine with a new one and also gave us the option to keep the malfunctioning one for a cost of 15000. Which we did.
However we are still trying to figure out how to fix the malfunctioning one! Mimaki still has no clue what is wrong

CanuckSigns

The problem was not solved to our disappointment. Mimaki replaced the machine with a new one and also gave us the option to keep the malfunctioning one for a cost of 15000. Which we did.
However we are still trying to figure out how to fix the malfunctioning one! Mimaki still has no clue what is wrong

Why would you opt to pay 15,000 for a machine that doesn't work and the manufacturer has no idea how to fix?!?

Aris

Why would you opt to pay 15,000 for a machine that doesn't work and the manufacturer has no idea how to fix?!?
We decided to keep the malfunctioning one at a cost since we can use white on this one and it prints ok at 12 passes and above

Don't want to hijack this thread, But I am looking at purchasing one of these machines. Why did you purchase this machine over the others, Roland, Mutoh.

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
Looks like encoder stripe have problem, check it at first, does it have any debris on stripe or encoder sensor? Second step if all clear, check motor and gear which move carriage, may be nut on pulley untight and spindle rotate inside. Did you hear some strange sound when carriage move? Carriage bearing may crash inside and hold carriage on different position.

Aris

Looks like encoder stripe have problem, check it at first, does it have any debris on stripe or encoder sensor? Second step if all clear, check motor and gear which move carriage, may be nut on pulley untight and spindle rotate inside. Did you hear some strange sound when carriage move? Carriage bearing may crash inside and hold carriage on different position.
We will try and change the four carriage bearings any instructions how to do that . We already ordered them from Mimaki and have them

Aris

Can you send us instructions how to change the carriage bearings

arbscs

Hi Aris,
I am contacting from Greece
I have similar problems
Can you please send me a dm with your contact details.