• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vextractor Vs. Corel XIII (Vextractor Wins!)

VINYLIMAGEZ

I been Using Vextractor for autotracing imagez for about 6 months now, let me tell Yaaa! Its a lot better than corels auto trace, lot cleaner!
I do a lot of tracing by hand, actually ill say 90% of what I trace is done in corel by hand, but the auto trace on Vextractor is AWESOME! I have used Eurovector in the past and a few othere one but didnt like 'em.

I don't know it I can Put a linke here, or not, but you can google it.

jiarby

OK...

I downloaded the demo, and "vectorized" a gif that a customer sent me to make a window decal out of...

Here it is in Vector-Schmector & corel...

Both suck. Corel on the left.

Attachments

• coreltrace2.jpg
    coreltrace2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 101
  • vectortrash.jpg
    vectortrash.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 106

VINYLIMAGEZ

looks like you didn't even mess around with the vectorization options, Its not a load and go thing, fix the .pix in options

animenick65

We still use streamline 4.0 on our mac here. Pain in the but to start up os 9 to use it but we haven't found anything that works better.

flyinhawaiian968

WTF!!??!!??!! Streamline is now free? Hell! I had to pay for that (about 15 years ago, but that's besides the point!) and I'm not happy! Adobe better gimme my money back now!!!

Seriously, Streamline, albeit as old as dirt, still works fine and does an excellent job in tracing stuff. I probably use it 2 or 3 times a week on average.

Chris

Air Art Girl

they all get similar results, you still have to edit the nodes.
This is another boxer or briefs debate like the Corel vs Il/PS

Save yourself some time which is money and have Eric do it at Vector Doctor.

*theresa*

WTF!!??!!??!! Streamline is now free? Hell! I had to pay for that (about 15 years ago, but that's besides the point!) and I'm not happy! Adobe better gimme my money back now!!!

Chris

Nope! Its not free... as far as I can tell. Download didn't work for me to see what the buy option will cost, but it does say this in the description:

The demo version does not enable printing, saving, exporting, or copying.

So, you can download it to try it out, but you can't use what you created... right?

OldPaint

still less money then VEXTRATOR...and a way better program.
any of you have SIGN WIZARD 4 or 5, ITS TRACE IS STREAMLINE.

flyinhawaiian968

Nope! Its not free... as far as I can tell. Download didn't work for me to see what the buy option will cost, but it does say this in the description:

The demo version does not enable printing, saving, exporting, or copying.

So, you can download it to try it out, but you can't use what you created... right?

Heh! Didn't actually bother to try the link, been kinda busy lately and not paying attention! I still think its worth whatever it costs, Streamline does a good job getting it to a point where I can edit nodes in Corel.

I actually had a job doing that for 2 years! All I did was convert raster logos into vector art for a newspaper company! Boring, boring work after doing it day in and day out for 2 years!

Chris