• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help VG2 Banding on Cyan

Yaser

Hi all,

In the last few days, my machine has been banding all types of blue--mainly light blue "cyan" as-well as dark blue. I have tried both CMYK colors and Roland colors.

So far I have done:
Nozzle tests
Medium Cleaning
Manual Cleaning
Media Gap Adjustment
Calibration
Drained Wiper Tray Fluid
Cleaned Wiper
Cleaned Wiper Pad

From the looks of the nozzle test, everything seems fine! I'm baffled. We haven't changed any printing settings.
nmozzlde.jpg
banding.jpg

Yaser

Tested a different media type, same issue. No physical damage to printheads. All other colors are fine. Have tried different shades of blue aswell.

Attachments

• IMG_20201121_165712.jpg
    IMG_20201121_165712.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 221
  • IMG_20201121_162832.jpg
    IMG_20201121_162832.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 227

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
There looks to be a tiny glitch in your feed calibration test print just above where the two boxes meet. I wonder if this is the source of the issue?
It is absolute pure cyan print or is it possible there is a small amount of black in there? Not really sure if the feed calibration uses any more than the K channel.

Yaser

There looks to be a tiny glitch in your feed calibration test print just above where the two boxes meet. I wonder if this is the source of the issue?
It is absolute pure cyan print or is it possible there is a small amount of black in there? Not really sure if the feed calibration uses any more than the K channel.

Pure CMYK Cyan. I have restarted the machine several times and loaded / unloaded media. The feed calibration is the same. Think it may be time to call a technician.