• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VG3-540 multi sensor adjustment.

JACsigns

Hi,
First time running reflective on the machine, had to set up the media manually as it couldn't do it by itself. Printed the image and laminated then put it back in to cut. NOPE, it wasn't doing it. finds the first crop mark but wouldn't find the second one. said to do a Multi sensor adjustment. Manual says to tap the 3 lines(menu) tap Media setting> other media settings> multi sensor adjustment. Well I'm stumped.. there isn't a "Media Settings" once you hit the 3 lines... anyone have any ideas? or am I doing something wrong?
When I put the media back in to cut I line the first mark with the little hole in the clamp like my tech told me... not under the hole, equal to it. base point and hit send in Versa works. finds the first one, the long bar , moves to the second and doesn't find it.

netsol

not to state the obvious, but, reflective doesn't make the process easier.
perhaps something like covering both registration marks with a small (like an address label) removable label with a hole punched in it to show the reg mark? as the sensor passes over a non-reflective area, it will be ready to "read" again.

JACsigns

I was thinking all night, the lights, I shut the lights off in the print area and boom, read and cut this morning. I know reflective is a beast. netsol, thanks for that idea too, hope this helps anyone having that issue in the future.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Go into the three lines menu - select "Media Management" then pick the profile that you're using and go into the list of Media Settings - it's way down the list.