• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

View a eps file

maddmd

Would like to know if there is a program or some other way to view an eps file in the thumb- window and see the image like you can a jpg file.
Thanks in advance
Mike

gROUND cHUCK

The only program I know of is Adobe Bridge.

If you have multiple files (like a bunch of clipart) you could create a .pdf from multiple files in Adobe Acrobat and just view the images from there.

Checkers

Hiya Mike,
It can be done with Windows, but it depends on how you set up and save the file and what version of software you're using. I'm using Illustrator 9 and can view illustrator EPS thumbnails. I'm not sure, but I assume it would work for AI files too.
Most vector clip art is normally saved as an older version of illustrator without the thumbnail option. So, if you resave the file and you select the "include document thumbnail" option, you can view it in explorer's thumbnail view.
I just need to figure out an action that can resave all the clip art I have :(

Edit...
Just for kicks and giggles, I tried EPS and AI files and they both work. You have to save them as Illustrator version 7 or newer and include document thumbnail.

Checkers

Attachments

• thumb.gif
    thumb.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 164

maddmd

Eps File

See the problem is when you download clipart and only have an eps file to pick from. If you download a few files without stopping and changing the format and naming each you can't preview the image. What a pain.And I am working in Corel.
And thanks for the info I'll try it

I can view a preview in the import window in corel

Last edited:

TC49010

I have Paint Shop Pro 7 and I can click "browse" and select the folder or CD etc and all EPS files can be viewed in thumbnail size.

maddmd

eps file

Thanks Wayne just tried it works so far.
Off the subject my wife is leaving for Guam Fri. to see new grandson :thankyou:
Thanks again
Mike