• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express Plotter

Double Diamond

I have come accross an older vinyl express ultra pro 24" plotter. I intended on using it as a back up plotter, but found the software upgrade and cable adapters are not really worth it. I feel it would be ideal for someone already set up and using this same plotter, unless someone has a suggestion that could make it easy to implement using adobe cs3 on a vista 64 bit system. Signwarehouse wants $199 to upgrade an old version of LXI. I did find a program on ebay for $69 that imports ai files, lists vinyl express vinyl pro 24 as a supported plotter driver. It's called WinPCSIGN Basic 2009 for Vista-XP. Anyone know if this works?
My dilema is, would I be better off finding a used Graphtec like the one I have? No software issues and I could have a second plotter up and running at a second location. Adobe sends files directly to the cutting pro easily. Any suggestions on where to find a used Graphtec?
If I decide to let this plotter go, does anyone have any use for it? Can I offer it for sale for her somewhere on this site?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Joe

onesmf

No offense, but I thank you for your post. You simply have encountered the reasons for avoiding cutting corners. Believe me, I have been lured into the same traps, but it never pays off in the long run. My best suggestion is to figure out how to get what you have operational and upgrade when you have the funds. Been there, done that. Good luck!

Rodi

Get a Graphtec, all the time you will spend making a backup cutter work, then you won't use it for 4 months, then it will be like pulling hair, then you get it to cut to go back to your other cutter, then repeat at irregular intervals.

1300 bux gets you a new CE5000 with stand, free delivery at Ordway SignSupply

Techman

yes then get some standard sign software. All those off names will cost more in the long run.
I use corel draw and cocut pro.. Never a problem and get upgrades of cocut to match the updates to corel draw for free.