• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl for glasses

sign girl

I have a customer that owns a bar and wants to letter 30 glasses. Is there a vinyl that would withstand a dishwasher?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your best bet is to find someone with a circular screen press and use safe inks for both dishwashing and contamination.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, after thinking about this..... I don't think the dishwasher would be my biggest concern...... more the jokers sitting ion the other side of the bar, peeling everything off, thinking they were clever, when all they were was..... DRUNK. :beer

peavey123

I would be very wary of using vinyl on glasses, at least your typical sign vinyl. I tried that once and the next day I woke-up with my eyes swollen shut. Had an allergic reaction. not 100% sure it was the vinyl, but certain enough I wouldn't try that again. lol

GoodPeopleFlags

I have an Etsy shop on the side and we sell sandblasted pint glasses. We tried the cream etching stuff and found out the first try that it doesn't work well at all. Now we use a sandblaster. If you decide to go that route, let me know if you have any questions. I sent the OP a PM offering to make them but the shipping alone would probably make the cost too high to resell at what her customer may want to pay for bar glasses.