• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl for motocross and enduro bikes

wolvie

Good Morning,

I tried to find I you have had this topic already, but was not able to find anything.

I bought Roland BN-20 couple months ago and have made decals to my friends. Friends are good for testing and they are quite happy to be testers.

I have been using Avery MPI2006 vinyl with Avery 7545 laminate and DOL2000 laminate. I have been testing to use 7545 on all parts and to use 7545 on only parts which need better protection and DOL2000 on other parts.

I'm not 100% happy with MPI2006, on most plastics it will stick as it should, but when there is bit tighter corner it won't stay as it should.

I have been thinking to buy 3M 3690A vinyl, but have to buy full 50m.

I would like to hear what you are using?

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Concept MotoMark
235 4mil Grip adhesive vinyl with 238 12mil Armor lam
Not cheap but made specifically for low energy plastics etc.

heyskull

I have used convex with good results and another material called substance which is marketed in the UK.
I have tried other suppliers but after extensive and costly experience.
But these materials are expensive and a nightmare to cut out afterwards.
If you expect to make money doing this sort of work you are kidding yourself.
I have tried and failed.
Also friends expect stuff like this for cheap or even worse free.
By the time we had added design time, cutting time, print and laminate material their is no profit doing this type of work.

SC