• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl For Plastic Tanks?

Sign Works

Got a customer requesting labels/decals to be used on plastic tanks so I called the tank manufacturer to find out what type of plastic the tanks are made of. It is "High Density Polyethylene Linear". Is anyone familiar with what vinyl will stick well to this type of plastic? The tanks come from the manufacturer with adhesive vinyl labels on them and they appear to be bonded very well. I'm hoping one of you are familiar with this plastic and can lend some insight as to what material should be used. I sent an info request to Convex to see if the Convex High Bond is recommended for this type of plastic.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a fresh sample roll of a new vinyl Im developing for wrapping kayaks and would love to see how it would work on your project would you be up for testing it out? Its specifically made for low surface energy plastics so the stuff your working with maybe a good use for this stuff also. Let me know, it has a more aggressive price than Convex as well.

Slamdunkpro

Got a customer requesting labels/decals to be used on plastic tanks so I called the tank manufacturer to find out what type of plastic the tanks are made of. It is "High Density Polyethylene Linear". Is anyone familiar with what vinyl will stick well to this type of plastic? The tanks come from the manufacturer with adhesive vinyl labels on them and they appear to be bonded very well. I'm hoping one of you are familiar with this plastic and can lend some insight as to what material should be used. I sent an info request to Convex to see if the Convex High Bond is recommended for this type of plastic.

Try a sample of Arlon 8000 - it's less than half the price of Convex. It's stuck to every low energy plastic I've tried it on.