• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl in a Bathroom Tub Enclosure

Patrick46

Now we're resorting to name calling.......(over the internet)

.......how sad.

I think wrapping a shower stall is a wyld idea! I could come up with all kindsa different design ideas that would work well in that application. (some may be a bit risque' though! :omg: :clapping:)

sjm

What kind answer was this one.

JR

When it's proceeded with respect it means just that. With respect. Of course and with respect replacing a 5" x 5" dish decal is a lot less costly than replacing a 4' x 8'. Would you disagree?

I think B and I are of like minds. Thank you B for your post in my other thread. The written word leaves much to be desired as it fails to convey tone or emotion.

Read the above in a soft voice and then again as if your angry. Does it read different to you? As I wrote that I was cool, confident and non challenging.

sjm

I don't. Neither would any person of reasonable intelligence that has read half this thread. The question is answered. Let it go. Move on.

First my apologies in an open forum and I will follow-up it with a PM too.

Here's my situation I quoted on a bathroom mural not long before this thread appeared, explaining all the ins and outs to my client and I deal with a number of vinyl manufactures all who are very reputable. Non were confident their product would hold up.

Anyways I quoted the job with disclaimers ... I would not be revisiting this thread but today because the same client was convinced by another party to have me produce the mural on Photo Paper and they'll take care of the rest, which I quoted by the way ... I felt the need to reply.

Steve Werner

2x, General Formulations makes a good HTAP vinyl that should work with regard to adhesion to the tub, it is a calendered vinyl with a water based acrylic. Hexis makes an awesome 7mil HTAP calendared vinyl that is extremely agressive and has a solvent based adhesive system. Either product should perform, your inks on the other hand I'm not so sure. You know them better than I do. You could always overlam either material.

roadrage

I love this site, it's entertaining! We have wrapped many bathrooms, toilets, sinks, showers, floors and walls. Laminate everything and use a premium cast film. Just make sure its clean, very clean. Yes, you can use tidy bowl, snow bowl, or any bathroom cleaner on it with no problems. Just no soft scrub or dry cleaners. If the company that makes the film says they can't recomend their film then don't. I use Avery 1005 EZ and DOL 1060. It works. Good luck!

sjm

I love this site, it's entertaining! We have wrapped many bathrooms, toilets, sinks, showers, floors and walls. Laminate everything and use a premium cast film. Just make sure its clean, very clean. Yes, you can use tidy bowl, snow bowl, or any bathroom cleaner on it with no problems. Just no soft scrub or dry cleaners. If the company that makes the film says they can't recomend their film then don't. I use Avery 1005 EZ and DOL 1060. It works. Good luck!

hmmm a cast film not a calendered one? Does Avery recommend that film for Marine/Watercraft?

appligraphics

not to restart this thread, I saw a how to video on 3M web site, they were installing vinyl, DI-Noc, I believe, to a bathroom sink, I dont know the warrenty on that, but very interesting....especially the curvature of the bowl.. would they show that if it wasnt durable enough to "hold up"?