• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl on outdoor benches

10sacer

Hello all,

Have a customer who has the bright idea of wrapping concrete benches with vinyl for concrete with matte laminate.
Easily done - BUT - won't this stuff turn into lava in the summer sun? Will be around an outdoor kids play area and I am worried someone is gonna get fried sitting on these things in shorts.

Thoughts?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure the kids will be more detrimental than the elements or anything else.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I third the fact that the children will destroy the wrap before any elements do. We recently did a bunch of wall murals for the local libraries (the children's area). We have all ready had to replace sections at 2 different locations because of the kids. busy fingers.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Rather than picking their noses they'll be picking these things apart. Years ago, it used to be they would peel the die-cut vinyl off and spell completely new words...... very nice elaborate words.

1675277615678.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What..... ?? pickin' his nose, his butt or a sign apart ?? Ohhh.... spelling new words, huh ??

d fleming

I third the fact that the children will destroy the wrap before any elements do. We recently did a bunch of wall murals for the local libraries (the children's area). We have all ready had to replace sections at 2 different locations because of the kids. busy fingers.
We recently did changeovers and murals for many local schools when they changed the names to be "politically correct". We were doing reprints before all the schools were complete from little fingers. Between that and the salesman for contractor not knowing how to read a ruler we were pretty busy for a minute or two.