• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help vinyl sign banner/felt

pinkiss

Can anyone recommend place that sells banner felts, preferabbly with grommets installed, now im not looking for printable surface rather blank material that can be used outdoors and hold vinyl lettering, since once i keep finding online are either printable and cost a good chunk of cash or already offered with design, as ive no printer, just plotter looking to make my own banner using vinyl and plotter if it makes sense im in EU so if anyone knows companies that does the material would be appreciated.

Billct2

That is going to be tough to find nowadays. You may want to try a "canvas" fabricator that does awnings, boat covers etc.
But you have to be sure the material is compatible with vinyl lettering.
They used to make a liquid clear coat to make non compatible vinyl banners work with vinyl.
You could also try to find a roll of material and either hem with tape or have it sewn by a local fabricator.
Good luck.

pinkiss

ive not much clue about material but thought since it was printable that most vinyls would be fine to be applied, or would i need to use fabric vinyl.
Sewing is good idea parents sewed way before i was born, but dunno what exact type of material is used for most banners out there, as getting rivets isnt hard part either so that might work but not into textiles myself as would need maybe few 30inch by 60 to see how it looks and works.

pinkiss

cant find edit button, so just to add think ive messed up there saying applying htv vinyl as that wouldnt stand outside, mostly i use oracal vinyls that can be applied onto vehicles, but still new to all the numbering and different classes of vinyls so have to eye ball descriptions, basically want one fabric that woul be antistatic to cover my plotter and have one as showcase going to events once i kick start the business.

bannertime

We've done cut vinyl graphics onto printed banners before. Mostly as temporary dates and whatnot.

I have a few rolls of 60in blue, yellow, green, and red and some 36in rolls of black, yellow and red. I imagine shipping would be outrageous though.

pinkiss

thx bannertime, yeah customs vat etc is notorious here, a lot of good products in US and appealing pricing but once you pass 22e limit you get hit with 21% VAT, been in touch with many companies for different stuff and always main hickup would be getting material works out more expensive then say UK, which is prob only big market aside Germany, and still you get most of it sourced by large resellers from china, so tight choices in general. If dont mind me asking what would correct name be for the fabric that is used in general, i know its sort of cloth material but thicker, then you have some perforated ones, or gloss which i imagine are coated with some sort of plastic.

Billct2

You want an 8oz-13oz scrim vinyl. Like bannertime said, the printable versions work with vinyl, but I would think you'd be paying a premium price. Any vinyl you can use on a sign is OK, but generally banners are temporary so a cheaper vinyl is OK. Also they are called grommets, not rivets.

pinkiss

my bad yeah grommets, and thanks for explaining exact material, couple years back ive cleared basically entire dealership crap after it went under and had 20+ banners 10x10 feet with different card brand logos, but a lot of could been great for banner usage as they had plenty of clear space, but over the years used it up while painting inside houses or as a cover from dirt so all got ruined.