• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Sign Disclaimer for Invoices

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
I'm primarily a commercial printer but make a lot of outdoor vinyl signs mounted on aluminum.

We're located in the Virgin Islands which tends to be extremely hot and sunny all year round.

The vinyl on these flat panel signs tends to burn over time if installed where direct sunlight hits them everyday.

We don't offer any warranty of any sort but clients do come back from time to time wondering what happened to their vinyl.

I was looking to my colleagues here for a "disclaimer" I could use or adapt to add to my invoices.

I'd be grateful for any verbiage.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Didn't you post something similar about your own sign burning?
It's hot and sunny in a lot of areas, you have to use better materials. If you have more than a few outliers complaining then I would venture to say that you are not meeting expectations because of your choice of vinyl and laminate.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What time period takes place between you installing the sign and your customer asking why the sign is failing ??

brdesign

when you say "burning" do you mean that parts of the print are turning into a brown or rust color? I have seen that when cheap calendared laminate is used instead a quality cast laminate. For a disclaimer check with the vinyl and laminate manufacture to see what kind of verbiage they use in their warranty or sales info brochures.

unclebun

The biggest thing is setting up the expectation for how long the sign will last. People think that digitally printed signs will last forever, but they don't. Just because it's the newest technology doesn't mean it's the best for longevity. In fact, it's the worst. The bad part is that with more than half the materials on the market, the way they fail is from the laminate turning brown/black after 3-5 years. Somehow, if they don't turn brown but instead the colors gradually fade away, customers are more accepting of the failure.

Do you have a picture of this problem? I think I know what you mean but there are varying definitions for a sign burning and not by fire.