• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl to stick on carpet of boat??

sinclairgraphics1

Sinclair Graphics & Installations
I have a project coming up for a fishing tournament in Texas and they want their logos applied to the interior carpet of the their fishing boats. What type/brand of adhesive vinyl and laminate is recommended for this type of use? What's the average life expectancy of this type of vinyl?

letterman7

I don't think much is going to stick for long. Those carpets are meant to be hosed off after every tournament. If they're on the floor they're going to get tore up just from walking all over them. Kinda sounds like they didn't think the project through.. maybe upsell them to removable decals on the hull somewhere?

Of course, it depends on the type of boat. I'm thinking bass boats, but if they are offshore with enclosed cabins, the stuff above should work.

rjssigns

Not saying this is proper in any way, but we did floor graphic vinyl/laminate for a carpet install. Held up well for two weeks at a trade show.(according to client) Not sure how it was to remove(or install for that matter) as I sent it to TX.

I would think some sort of heat press transfer material would work best. Like thermo paint for the street lay it down and put a shield over it and hit it with a torch.

sinclairgraphics1

Sinclair Graphics & Installations
I don't think much is going to stick for long. Those carpets are meant to be hosed off after every tournament. If they're on the floor they're going to get tore up just from walking all over them. Kinda sounds like they didn't think the project through.. maybe upsell them to removable decals on the hull somewhere?

Of course, it depends on the type of boat. I'm thinking bass boats, but if they are offshore with enclosed cabins, the stuff above should work.

Yeah, I don't know how it could last very long with all the water and mess from fishing in it. They want to wrap the boats as well and of course are running out of time for their first tournament coming up in a couple weeks. I think for now we're just doing the carpet graphics in the interest of time and planning. I really hate ordering rolls of material for some small carpet graphics, guess I'll have to reflect that in the pricing. What kind of laminate do you use with?

Are the graphics multi colored or just a single color. What about making a stencil and just spraypaint the carpet. Maybe you could convince them to simplify the logos into single color and then paint them. Since time is a big problem for them maybe just tell them it will take to long to order the material can we paint it.