• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl wrap removed and adhesive left on the car

ttik

Hi all,

Material used : Oracal 970ra color shift
Wrapped on : Jan 2016

Does anyone here encounter this when getting the wrap off the vehicles?
The glue only left on the metal body but none on the front and rear bar .

Here are the list of solutions i tried but failed to remove the glue.
degreaser,thinners, petrol, avery adhesive remover, alcohol, mixed solution (30%water /30% turps/ 30%truck wash)

anyone have any other ideas to remove the glue?

Thanks

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    832.9 KB · Views: 2,571

JoeRansom

Hi all,

Material used : Oracal 970ra color shift
Wrapped on : Jan 2016

Does anyone here encounter this when getting the wrap off the vehicles?
The glue only left on the metal body but none on the front and rear bar .

Here are the list of solutions i tried but failed to remove the glue.
degreaser,thinners, petrol, avery adhesive remover, alcohol, mixed solution (30%water /30% turps/ 30%truck wash)

anyone have any other ideas to remove the glue?

Thanks
Not sure if it's available there but you could try 3m general purpose adhesive remover. But test it in a safe area on paint. Never know it's effects on old paint. And course there is orange peel to use as well. Either you use put on a clean rag and wipe and rub in till adhesive starts to wipe off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

acgraphixhouse

I have not used this for vehicle wrap removal, but I have used the below for lettering and large logos.
We used Rapid Remover which we get through grimco. The directions are to leave on for only 60 secs max - then use a squeegee to scrap the adhesive off, don't use a rag as that will just move the adhesive around.

rjssigns

We've had good results with Orange Peel. Although it doesn't smell as good as the name would imply.

equippaint

Obviously test first to make sure it doesn't damage the paint but non-chlorinated brake clean and ether work. Maybe acetone too

CincyVinylWraps

might be too late. .but when we removed the colorshift 970 off my car we found the more you heat it the less residue it will leave behind.

2B

might be too late. .but when we removed the colorshift 970 off my car we found the more you heat it the less residue it will leave behind.

this, we always try to do the removals in the heat of the day in the sun.
then go back and use a combination of rapid remover and LA's Totally Awesome All-Purpose Concentrated Cleaner.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Rapid Remover. Spray, let sit for 45 seconds to saturate the adhesive, then spray again to lubricate it wile you scrape it off with a teflon scraper.
Repeat for whatever is left.

SignShopGal

SignShopGal
We use Rhomasol, industrial but paint safe goo and scuff cleaner, also gets tar and asphalt off, or, Goo Gone (the little sister of Rhomosal). RHOMA-SOL™ – Rhomar Industries

• Keeps your trucks and equipment looking great – by safely removing spills, splatters and oversprays of asphalt on your vehicles and equipment that travel paving sites.
  • Powerful and fast cleanup – works by breaking down the cohesiveness of the glue molecule that makes asphalt and tack oil adhere to equipment. This allows you to easily flush away the deposits, saving valuable man-hours.
  • A little goes a long way – because the unique gelled formulation stays where you put it, doesn’t run off onto the ground.
  • 100% biodegradable – and it works better than diesel fuel.
  • Prevents asphalt from sticking – onto your shovels, rakes, lutes, and more.
RHOMA-SOL can be safely used on the following asphalt equipment

• Paving Machines
  • Patching Machines
  • Asphalt Oil Distributors
  • Trucks and Cars
  • Compactors
  • Shuttle Buggies
  • Asphalt Recycling Machine
  • Asphalt Reclaimers
  • Asphalt Milling Equipment
  • Infrared Heaters
  • Crack Sealing Kettles