• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinylmaster XPT: Anybody else using this?

JAMEY

We usually design in Corel and/or Photoshop and bring it into Versaworks as a PDF. We're running a Roland XP-540 Soljet III.

However, I have recently added the new Vinylmaster XPT to my office station and the print station. I have been learning VinylMaster XPT from a design standpoint and am about to try some prints with it.

We've made some custom profiles with Versaworks because our colors were a little off. Our blues were a little off. I need to dial in a dark blue on some highway reflective too. We've played with the black and megenta some and get it close...and we're almost there on that one. I will see if I can figure out how to bring them into Vinylmaster XPT soon.

From a design standpoint, Vinylmaster XPT has some pretty cool features. I will be doing a review on this software/rip.

Any tips from any other Vinylmaster XPT users would be greatly appreciated. Especially on color management.

dale911

President
I've been using the software for about a year to design and cut. I bought it with the intention of using it to rip for my l25500. The company promised me that they would have a driver for my printer. After several requests from me and failed promises from them, I have give up being able to print from this software. I really like it for design but they need to get their act together if they are going to make promises.

RoadShow

Vmp 4.0 xpt

Hi, I just upgraded to XPT 4.0 and its supposed to handle ARMS printers. I haven't gotten it to do so as yet but I have notified them with a ticket and they get back pretty quick.
I'm to e mail them and Tony is going to Log on to my computer and show me how to do it. Hope all goes well.

RoadShow

Update

Yes! they have gotten back quick, but have done nothing. The product looks very good but the Support will kill it

RyanFelty

I use XPT to cut and occasionally I use it to design. It is very user friendly. I have no background in design, so I only use it for quick layout or stuff for friends and its definitely easier than illustrator or photoshop in my opinion. I like it for those things but we do not use it as a RIP. I didnt even know you could.

RoadShow

Update 2

Well still waiting for Vinylmasters for Support keep sending tickets keep getting e mails but still haven't been Helped.

RoadShow

Update 3

Finally was able to get with Tony and he logged on to my computer and got me up and running with my SP300 printer.
He also sent me a PDF file step by step on how to do it. Short memory til I get used to it.
But I have to say the program looks awesome . Can't wait to try some of the cool FX . Easiest program I've found to put a cut line around a digital print.
Thanks Tony and Shaun