• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1204 Brand new poor color quality

samigascon

that's because the media you are using. If you use paper, look at the ink it can eat... if its little (under 250%), the colors will be faded. So first... try to print a red and black thing in a vinyl (every vinyl I know, can handle lots of ink). If the colors are not faded, its just a media thing (its very usual, dont worry about that... you just need to find the best media for your plotter from your dealers). sorry for my english!

Arstron

I have had mine for almost 2 years now, for the most part it has been a great machine. I have replaced the maintence station (the dual line that went threw the pump got a pin hole and was sucking air), print head, all dampers (just becuse it was apart anyway) and all the 1 foot long hoses that connect to the dampers. The hoses had to be replaced becuse of my stupidity, but everything else I am not sure what went wrong with it. Still yet the printer has made me money and my next printer will be a Mutoh 1608 (or planning on it anyway). When I first received my printer I wasnt happy with it for a few months, the print quality was just horrible. Then I found the right heater settings to use and its printed great for the most part since.

I have had my 1204 since July and its been doing very good to date. I have called the techs and they walked me thru a few issues. How to send a PDF to PM and then change it to the job needs. Also some things that help tweek it to do better overall. I don't think I needed to have someone come with the printer. Most of it has been pretty simple.

:flamey: