• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vj 1604

SignsRus

RAWR!!!!!

If this happens one more time I could possibly throw this printer through the wall!

I shut down the print computer last night. Everything was printing fine before I went home. Came in this morning turned it on, and started sending jobs for the day.

ONCE AGAIN all my colors look faded. I remove the profile, import the profile again, and it's fine. 2 prints later once again my colors are faded!

This is becoming a freaken headache. Nobody touches this computer but me. Nothing is being touch, nothing is being changed!

I'm printing from Flexi-Sign to the VJ1604.

randya

RAWR!!!!!

If this happens one more time I could possibly throw this printer through the wall!

I shut down the print computer last night. Everything was printing fine before I went home. Came in this morning turned it on, and started sending jobs for the day.

ONCE AGAIN all my colors look faded. I remove the profile, import the profile again, and it's fine. 2 prints later once again my colors are faded!

This is becoming a freaken headache. Nobody touches this computer but me. Nothing is being touch, nothing is being changed!

I'm printing from Flexi-Sign to the VJ1604.

SignRus,

You havent given a lot to go on here:

What does your dealer say?
What does Flexi say?
Does this do this if you resend an already ripped file again and again?
Which profile(s) does this happen on?
Which 'mode' does this occur on?
What are your 'default job' settings for this profile in Flexi, and are you changing any of the 'Preset' values?
Which version of Flexi are you using.

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/51/

Go there and download a pre-ripped file.
Send this file multiple times.
If this file prints the same consistantly, then it is probably not your printer.

The printer ONLY accepts a very limited amount of information from the RIP and none of that is the profile (it does however, recieves dot size and dot color produced from the RIP).

SignsRus

SignRus,

You havent given a lot to go on here:

What does your dealer say?
What does Flexi say?
Does this do this if you resend an already ripped file again and again?
Which profile(s) does this happen on?
Which 'mode' does this occur on?
What are your 'default job' settings for this printer?
Which version of Flexi are you using.

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/51/

Go there and download a pre-ripped file.
Send this file multiple times.
If this file prints the same consistantly, then it is probably not your printer.

The printer ONLY accepts a very limited amount of information from the RIP and none of that is the profile (it does however, recieves dot size and dot color produced from the RIP).

It's definately a software issue. Not saying it's the printer. I just don't understand what's happening. It only happens on this LG profile for LD3910G.

I've had it happen in the past, and removed the profile, put it back in and was fine. Yesterday I must of had to take the profile out and put it back in 3 times.

I don't understand what causes it to happen. I'm not changing any settings.

And once again I walk in this morning and everything is fine.

It's like your car all the problems & noises, then you take it to the dealer and it's fine.

randya

That seems really odd,

Which version of Flexi?

Check under your color management tab and check to see what you have for:

Preset
Print mode
cmyk (variable dot or not)
diffusion method
dpi
Perform color correction
Output profile
Linearization table
and ink limits

See if any of these are being dropped or changed withing the job.

Do you have this LG profile as default, or are you applying it to each individual job.

Can you provide a link to where you got the Profile?

Thanks

Last edited:

511graphix

thats crazy..... I just do vinyl right now... and I have a problem with the file.. I ll have to copy everything and paste it into a new file and it usely fixes the problems.. but i cant remember what the problem was because I reformated the computer and reinstalled software that I needed........this has been 3 yrs ago... my only problem now, is production manager goes out and I have to reinstall it every 3 to 5 months..... but I have a new computer coming so I can start getting ready for wraps so ......I hope I dont have the same problems I did when I started out the first time lol hope you get this fix or at least what was making it do that..... when I get everything ready I am buy the 1604 yay cant wait

heyskull

I am running waswatch on our vj 1604. Never had a problem with it. Use to use Signlab on our previous printer and because of the amount of problems like what you are having swore I would never use a sign programme to do a Print/RIP job again. We have even gone as far as a stand alone computer and the only programme on it is the RIP.

SC