• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1614 Firmware

Hi All,

I urgently require firmware for my vj1614, we have been using third party inks for some time now, however my operator recently updated the firmware to 2.0 and now the machine shows "broken chip" on some of the colours, but some of the chips still work.

I want to downgrade the firmware so we dont have to keep changing chips all the time.

Thanks,

G.D

FatCat

Newer firmware doesn't allow you to downgrade. You will need to contact your ink supplier and see if they can get you chips to work with the new firmware. Otherwise it's a choice of either going back to OEM ink until new cards are available, or the other process I have been told is to buy a new motherboard and reload it with the old firmware.

FrankW

I have downgraded 1614-Firmware sometimes, it should work. But I do not have some.

From version (as far as I remember) 1.05 the Valuejet saves the serial numbers of the inks and if he notices one serial number as "empty", and the next cartridge of the same color will have the same serial number (e. g. if the ink supplier uses copied chips), he will give error messages. This could be the reason that some inks make trouble, others not ... but they will come.

heyskull

Hi
Speaking from exactly the same issue.
I was badly informed that upgrading to the latest firmware it would solve a tank valve issue I had, it did not.
Mutoh has put some sort of subroutine on the new V2.0 firmware that does NOT allow you to downgrade the firmware. Believe me I tried every firmware out there!
I reckon the only new thing in V2.0 is the fact that you cannot downgrade!

Like yourselves we were using third party inks (the tank valve issue has been with us when using OEM inks) and were saving heaps on inks.

We contacted a bulk ink supplier that assured us that the chips he supplied would be compatible with the latest firmware and the inks he supplied were as the OEM inks.
The rest is history I have slashed over another 50% of the cost of inks and the machine runs as before :)

I was supplied with 2 sets of cards which I can easily reset to 100% and topping up the inks is simple.

In a way upgrading the firmware did me a favour and because the inks are so cheap I now use the machine even more, meaning I have less issues with sticking valves.

SC

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies, i managed to talk to the supplier and after doing some changes on his resetter sent over a new set of chips which work perfectly, @heyskull how do you reset your cards? could you advise me on that as i would prefer to be able to reset them myself rather then always having to buy new chips.

Thanks,

G.D

stanekl

Hi!

I would like to ask if someone could help finding VJ1614 firmware v.2.00 as well as heater board firmware? I tried to search on the forum but the Mutoh web is all new and I can not log in on previous FTP or webpage to download it.

Thank you for your help,

LS

tulsagraphics

Hi!

I would like to ask if someone could help finding VJ1614 firmware v.2.00 as well as heater board firmware? I tried to search on the forum but the Mutoh web is all new and I can not log in on previous FTP or webpage to download it.

Thank you for your help,

LS
Give Fellers tech support a call. Doug should be able to find a copy for ya. 918-621-4412 ext. 3120