• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1614 Print Head Heat Error

heyskull

Just about to buy a cheap VJ 1614 as a back up.
The guy has already chucked a ton of money at it with motors, encoders, etc.
But he says it comes up with a Printhead Heat Error.
What could this be?
I am guessing either a faulty head or head cable or maybe the head board, or all three.
He does not say their is an error code.

Thanks
SC

7_nebo_7

Usually Print head heat error pointing toward issue with reading inbuild thermistor from the print head. Because signal from print head traveling via head FFC cables, then CR board, CR cables in to a main board. You have to check all chain. Unfortunately it is hard to say 100% what faulty. It could me many reasons. From ink on head connectors, damaged pins on head FFC connectors. I have seen hundreds different cases why it happens. In some case it could be simple repair in some you have to replace all chain (print head, CR board, FFC cables, CR cables, CR board, Main board)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I agree with above but also in my experience it tends to be the head cables or the head itself and more rarely the trailing cables and boards.

heyskull

Thanks all.
Will get the machine back here (Which will be fun due to the Lock Down in the UK).
I think the first thing to do is change the head cable and clean contacts of dried ink.
Big issue here is the amount of time the machine has been inactive, as I have found this causes big issues.

SC

heyskull

Well I got this printer back to our workshop and I am stripping and cleaning it as it is in a horrific mess.
The head lock electrical mechanism is siezed solid and on removing the awfully routed head cables they are definitley the issue with the head heat problem.
Ordering some new ones as i type!

SC