• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ-1628 printer test print all black blobs

sdssrr

We had this terrible luck with mutoh VJ-1628 printer, bought it for over a year and never had it to work. Local techs keep coming and going with changing all sorts of parts - we now have no confidence in them at all but we have no choice as they are the only local dealer, they finally said both printheads need to be replaced! we bit the bullet and bought a new head. Had them installed this new head yesterday -- test print came out after the head replacement so we thought maybe finally we are okay. But NO! today we came in to the printer not working again! Test print now prints all black blobs, no color whatever. See picture. Note we did not even touch this stupid printer after yesterday's test print. It just decides to quit yet again today.

What is wrong with this thing? We are desperate. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20150618_1350181.jpg
    20150618_1350181.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 119

guitarguy69

I've had this happen also, I unplug and discharge the machine by turning it on and off while unplugged, and power on after 5-10 minutes.
Next step, inspect and re-seat the head cables.
Then check the T-Fence.

With the print going all the way to the edge, on ours it actually printed past the media onto the platen, seems to be a communication or information processing issue.