• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vj1204 damper "fixing" plastic removal

teamrolex

Hi guys

Really appreciate if anybody can provide details on how to remove the plastic piece that holds down on all the dampers.

I have the service manual and read forum posts but the instructions are not clear.

I tried pulling upwards and rocking it with a little force but still can't get it out.

Thanks.

it has 4 lock at front pinch each one of them upward then remove tha head cable from that plastic part, its difficult at first.

RG

I had the same problem. So, I made 4 little "keys" to help out. I used 1" pieces of a spring that recoils the rope in a push mower. Just push the 4 keys in front of the "locks" freeing up both hands to work on getting the "fixing" plastic piece up. It's still not easy. All of it won't come up at one time. It's flexible, so you can start moving one side up a little, then move the middle up a little, then move the other side up a little. In fact, I used a large flat blade of a plain screwdriver to pry it up. I used a medium sharpie pen as a fulcrum. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• Key-for-clips.jpg
    Key-for-clips.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 116

teamrolex

Very good tips and instructions indeed.
Thank you all for helping.
I am sure this thread will help others as well.

Have a nice weekend.