• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1204 Mising nozzles

jbennett

My Valuejet 1204 is missing a few of the black nozzles when I do a nozzle test. I have tried various profiles and have historically used one for Oracal 3651 and Graphics 2 with great results and no lines. It now leaves small lines through the print especially in the black or a color that uses a lot of black. It does this on ANY Graphics 2 profile. I have changed to a slower Quality 4 profile and the printer prints vivid and heavy. Prints look great. I have tried head soaks to recover the black nozzles, but with no luck. The printer is about 4 yrs old and I clean it fairly regularly and keep it printing almost every day. It has had nothing except a wiper. Any ideas? I can include pics, etc.. It seems to me that the key is to understand how the printer works different from the Graphics 2 profiles to the quality 4 profiles. I can keep printing in quality 4 with perfect results for now, but would love to get printer back faster and working well with the graphics 2 profiles.

jbennett

jbennett

Test prints have lines in them if printed in anything less than quality 4. I have been told the maintenance station may be my problem. Can you tell me it's function? It is capping station, right? I print with the head in the high position and never lower it. Should that make a difference? Thanks for your help.

jbennett