• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ628 suddenly "not registered" and communication isnt available despite being connected and on and IP address correct.

Jennb1107

I've been fighting with this printer for DAYS now. Nothing changed from my previous time using it. I have a dedicated laptop for it. connected via ethernet cable between laptop and printer. VSM status monitor cant connect to it despite multiple reboots, reinstallations, etc. I've tried probably 50 times now. I dont know what else to possibly try. So frustrating the lack of support for mutohs.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Do you use a different IP other than the default? Mutoh's have a tendency to revert to the default randomly for some reason so if you use a different one that could be the issue. Have you tried connecting to another device?

heyskull

This could be your problem or try replacing with a new cable.
Our old Valuejet 1604 has a faulty ethernet socket.
I do not want to take it apart to repair as I fear I will do more damage than what is already there.
I strap the cable up on the back of the printer forcing a better contact to the connections.

I would see if you can ping the printer first and if not start with replacing the ethernet cable.

SC