• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540 error 0011 after replacing board

Mario Lemus

I have replaced the main board on the VP540 and have uploaded the flash. When in comes on it says Roland DGA and then unknown under it. I am assuming that it is because I have not uploaded parameters yet. Right after that, it says "turn power on again" If I use arroes, it shows error 0011. Somebody on another thread posted that their printer (sp750) had a damaged wire on the media feed motor. I don't see any damage or anything disconnected. Does anybody have any ideas about where I can look for the issue. I tried going into service mode but as soon as I get in it gives the same error and won't let me go any farther. I am not able to set ip and upload parameters. Any help would be appreciated.

player

Did you set the dip-switch correctly?

Initialize the printer?

I did the board on mine some time ago and it was a little tricky getting all the steps done.

Mario Lemus

Did you set the dip-switch correctly?

Initialize the printer?

I did the board on mine some time ago and it was a little tricky getting all the steps done.

The dip switches were all either on or off like my board.

What do you mean by initialize the printer? I set ip and uploaded firmware. I can't do anything else because of this error. Sort of go into service mode, but as soon as I am in, this error locks it out.

Thanks

player

The dip switches were all either on or off like my board.

What do you mean by initialize the printer? I set ip and uploaded firmware. I can't do anything else because of this error. Sort of go into service mode, but as soon as I am in, this error locks it out.

Thanks
I can't remember the steps. I had a thread going here, and someone explained everything, but it wasn't quite correct. With trial and error I got it after awhile.

You are 100% positive you got everything hooked up correctly?

I'll search for the thread and post a link.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Have you run the limit position and encoder calibrations? A lot of the time you need to do those procedures after a main board replacement.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
You didn't say if you have a service manual, but it sounds like you do. Just in case, the attached is the section for replacing the mainboard. Read the threads player posted and follow the steps in the attached document and let us know.

Attachments

• VP-540i Mainboard Replacement.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 140

Mario Lemus

The instructions that I had didn't say what initialize parameters meant. I looked up the section in [4-2 HOW TO UPGRADE/INSTALL FIRMWARE], and it shows the buttons to do this. It allowed me to choose VP-540. After that everything went smoothly. Thank you all for the responses and help.

player

The same thing got me too. Glad your back in action. Make sure there is no way for the network cable can get pulled and put strain on the jack. The VPs network card is built into the board unlike other models where the network card is a separate small replaceable board.