• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS 300 convert to dye sub

benski

Can VS 300 be converted to a dye sub ink? I guess my question is can you buy ink carts for that application? Or only solevent ink. Or refillable ink carts? Ive done with mutohs then had the printers unlocked but this is my first Roland machine. IF anybody knows....

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Woud you share your expeirence converting an eco solvent mutoh to dye sub? From which model? What did you end up replaced or just flush the solution through? Thanks!

netsol

we once acquired an epson 9880 that a friend had converted.
he used for 2 years, then had major problems HE SAID were not related to the conversion
it was NOT a prize package. i decided it was not worth pursuing

benski

Woud you share your expeirence converting an eco solvent mutoh to dye sub? From which model? What did you end up replaced or just flush the solution through? Thanks!
Hello, Sure. Ive converted 2 VJ 1304's and 1 Mutoh Vj 1624. Just a flush and dampers and cap top. I was able to use refillable ink carts with Kiian dye sub ink. 6-7 years later still using them. Although we have replaced maintenance stations and heads couple times. I need another machine but only have 3 Rolands kicking around. SP, XC, and VS. My SP is the only one with CMYK but not sure if these printers allow refillable carts as we have only used roland carts. At this point we did get a quote for a new Epson F6470 but transport/set up/and inks alone was $4000. Then printer cost on top. Guess will keep shopping around.

benski

we once acquired an epson 9880 that a friend had converted.
he used for 2 years, then had major problems HE SAID were not related to the conversion
it was NOT a prize package. i decided it was not worth pursuing
yeah I agree. I have converted several of those Epsons. 9880, 9600. Wouldn't bother with that again. 10-12 carts whatever they had.