• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS-420 just replaced printhead but doesn't print

hey forummers,

I just replaced my roland VS-420 printhead after digiprint recommended it to me. After replacing the printhead would not fire any ink. Cleaning is not a problem. The ink gets through the head but it doesn't fire ink when it is printing. I think it is the circuit board for printing. I also replaced the fuses. So anyone have an idea about the printing board??

familyfanclub

i replaced it myself with the service manual. this is the second time i replaced the head.

Hi, did you figure out the problem? My machine just died last week with leak in the metallic channel, it's no longer printing anything right now. Working with tech on getting a head to replace, but would like some confidence that if replace the the head it will resume printing. Also, where did you get your replacement head and for how much?

Thanks

Ragnabrok

The head cables on the VS heads are pretty difficult to get in flush. If they weren't in all the way or got some ink on them, if they aren't even printing a single dot, you may have popped the fuse.