• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vs-640i magenta tint print out.

Alex C

Hello guys,

Vs-640i 7 colors, is printing gradient - Shadows and some other colors with a magenta tint.. Using Versa 6, tried different profiles same problem.
See attach pictures
IMG_4750.jpg
IMG_4751.jpg
IMG_4752.jpg
Flex cables have been cleaned - Dampers and Captop replaced - Head alignment checked and no anomalies found.
When looking closely at the prints a cyan mist can be seen. The prints have a cyan spraying all over but the print appears magenta.. Can someone explain what is happening.

Yours,
Alex

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Looks like you have some issues with the magenta and maybe yellow & cyan, however I don't think that would account for the magenta tint, I'm not sure if this is a common thing with these machines, however my VS-300I has always put more magenta into prints, therefore I always have to remove magenta in the color menu in Versaworks. My guess is to start, you'll need a new head.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
If it wasn't an OEM cap top and dampers, I'd try that first, but Zoogee is probably right that you'll need a new head.

Good Luck

Richard J

I'm having the same problem with the greys printing Magenta, change Dampers, Wipers, Inks, changed head about 18months ago, could be less..
What i have notice though as soon as the file RIP, the printing process finish in a couple seconds and clears before the actual printing starts..was thinking if the Versaworks needs updating

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I'm having the same problem with the greys printing Magenta, change Dampers, Wipers, Inks, changed head about 18months ago, could be less..
What i have notice though as soon as the file RIP, the printing process finish in a couple seconds and clears before the actual printing starts..was thinking if the Versaworks needs updating
That usually happens when it's only a test strip or a very small file and you only have 1 print queued up. It's a little different depending if you are using Versa works 5 or 6, however still the same kind of basis.