• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS540 vs a SP-540i

34Ford

I have a SP-540i that is a great printer, but I was wondering how much more trouble or upkeep is there in a VS540 with the white ink.

Gene@mpls

The RF640 (which we have) is a VS without an onboard (contour) cutter and with dual cmyk cartridges. The head is more expensive but it is much faster and has a better media handling system... with certain limitations. It takes longer to load and reload the media- my solution, as we use 90% one media,
was to add a separate roller system behind the OEM one- when we need to print a different media it goes on this one and feeds over the OEM
media (see picts). Routine maintenance is easier- only one head/dock to clean but the wiper/scraper a bit harder to do a good clean on. Gene

Attachments

• DSC07281.JPG
    DSC07281.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC07280.JPG
    DSC07280.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 65

Gene@mpls

One of my suppliers was parting out an old Roland for the rollers- the rest is 80/20 extrusions. Works great BTW