• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vutek 5330

MadStyle

Ok, this probably will not get an answer since no one really owns and operates Vutek 5330s anymore. Long story short, we had a blown power board during a printing session our guy who normally service the machine did his thing replaced the board no issues, but now upon turning on the machine, we can no longer get a clean print. We have reseated and replaced pixel boards, other boards as well, checked that all cables are seated properly and to no avail. Our service guy is up their in age and is stump on what causing it, the machine is not giving off any error and loads up fine. I am here seeing if anyone may have an idea as to what causing these lines in the print.

Attachments

• 20221207_101015.jpg
    20221207_101015.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 145

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
Dirty power, prob what popped the board in the first place.
If it was down for more than 2 days you might have to purge or replace the micron filters clogged. Was it a new board? So many questions

Last edited:

netsol

perhaps he replaced with a "good used" board that was in the shop?
my guess would be if you took an oscilloscope to each power output you would see output noise matching those lines in print output.

leaky power transistor? or very possibly bad electrolytic capacitor(s)

i see you are in new jersey. if it would help, i could loan you/him an analog ESR meter, the perfect tool to check those electrolytics for that kind of problem.

netsol

full disclosure, i have never even seen a vutek, but, i have been troubleshooting electronic circuitry
since nixon's first term.

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
full disclosure, i have never even seen a vutek, but, i have been troubleshooting electronic circuitry
since nixon's first term.
efi makes some great printers, like many other boards they are fairly easy to diagnose and my trust meter needs to attention anyway.

Some easier to work on than others though Im starting to lean toward Mimaki though.
I spent years running Vutek so it kinda holds a place in my heart lol.

MadStyle

Thanks for the help, yeah we've replaced it with a new power board, 3 of them to be exact in troubleshooting this problem. We can turn on the Vutek and load material without any issues, it's just not printing normally like it was before the last power board blew.