• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall Graphics

John Miller

Hi All, We have an interesting interior wall graphics project opportunity. We have been asked to print and apply wall graphics in a large office space. Is there a matte clear print media for walls? I'm saying matte clear because the walls are different colors and we'd like the background around the prints to be as un-noticeable as possible.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Orafol Orajet 3651 Might work for you, it's a transparent adhesive media and prints really well on wide format Roland Inkjet Printers. I believe it might come in matte, but we've only used the Gloss.

Hi All, We have an interesting interior wall graphics project opportunity. We have been asked to print and apply wall graphics in a large office space. Is there a matte clear print media for walls? I'm saying matte clear because the walls are different colors and we'd like the background around the prints to be as un-noticeable as possible.
Does your printer have white ink, and offer the ability to print 2-layer (with an opaque white underflood)? If not, the print color is going to be all over the place after applying to different color walls.

John Miller

Does your printer have white ink, and offer the ability to print 2-layer (with an opaque white underflood)? If not, the print color is going to be all over the place after applying to different color walls.
Good Point, I wondered about that but it makes perfect sense.

hozette

Sign Designer, Production Manager
Hi all:
you might want to double check that the 3651 will stick to the wall. I had put up a print on a flat painted wall only to have it start peeling off after a little while. If it is painted with oil you should be fine.
I have a question on wall graphics as well. We have graphics going up and we are looking for some printable wall paper to use instead of vinyl wall graphic material. Has anyone use wall paper what is the best product to use for solvent printer?
thank
Kelly

John Miller

Hi all:
you might want to double check that the 3651 will stick to the wall. I had put up a print on a flat painted wall only to have it start peeling off after a little while. If it is painted with oil you should be fine.
I have a question on wall graphics as well. We have graphics going up and we are looking for some printable wall paper to use instead of vinyl wall graphic material. Has anyone use wall paper what is the best product to use for solvent printer?
thank
Kelly
Most interior office walls are painted with latex paint these days which make them not ideal surfaces to apply any vinyl to. I have zero experience with the wall specific digital media so I'll ask the manufacturer's tech department. As P.Wagner stated earlier printing white beneath the graphics will make the prints match each other whatever wall color they are applied to. I need to find someone to produce these prints on satin clear, we do not have the ability to print white.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Hi all:
thank
Kelly
Dream scapes is good

Billct2

I did a job with Wyld GFI in NJ that needed white ink reverse print on clear. I know they are still in the process of getting back up after being flooded in Ida.