• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall graphics?

What type of material do you guys use for wall graphics? we have some heavy duty stuff. but when printed on it has a matte finish, somewhat dull. It seems almost like banner material where its threaded together. What brand is good?
Thanks!

Mike_Koval

There are a couple of materials i would recommend for doing wall graphics...

GMI wall graphic material (4 and 6 mil available) vinyl wall graphic material, solvent printable, excellent color, easy to work with, requires a bleed to prevent curling on wall

Seramark - fabric based solvent printable material, excellent color, phthalate free, CPSIA compliant, no bleed required

These two materials are the most consistent performing materials i have used for this type off application. We have tried others, while the print was nice, it was tough to prevent it from curling once applied to the wall.

Samples available on request

schramm

I don't print, however I do hire it done when I want a mural done and I personally buy Wallscapes. It is like a canvas which you print on and I have done a number of murals with it and it always looks great!

Steve Werner

Look at the Seramark material, it's a great product. Prints well, meets CSA requirements, is made in the Midwest. Doesn't fray, conforms better than most on the market.

MachServTech

What type of material do you guys use for wall graphics? we have some heavy duty stuff. but when printed on it has a matte finish, somewhat dull. It seems almost like banner material where its threaded together. What brand is good?
Thanks!

It really depends on the look you're after and the removability. I like to use the Avery MPI 2601 Wall Film for indoors and the 3M IJ8624 for most outdoor.

For a glossy look with the MPI 2601 I use a gloss adh.overlam.

MikePro

Oracal 3551 RA glossy and then I decide if I want gloss or matte finish when I go to laminate.

I also print on Wallscapes wallpaper material and hang my own wallpaper. I use the traditional method, but they also offer a "pre-adhesive'd" version that applies like vinyl.