• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Wall mural vinyl substitutions....

Kiko

Other than the usual Phototex and 3MIJ35, are there any other recommended roll stocks? The problem we are running in to is the removal aspect. If we have to replace a mural, or single damaged panel for that matter, paint is sure to come off. Most of my colleagues recommend Phototex but the colors just aren't as vibrant, although it is much easier to work with on the installation end as well. We are running a latex HP570 as well as R2000.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We use 3M 40C, which prints and installs really nice, but can't say much about removability. It does technically have removable adhesive, but anything that bonds well enough to hold up is likely to pull paint with it when removed, especially when crappy paints are used.

Kiko

We use 3M 40C, which prints and installs really nice, but can't say much about removability. It does technically have removable adhesive, but anything that bonds well enough to hold up is likely to pull paint with it when removed, especially when crappy paints are used.
I hear ya. time always works against said "removable adhesive"

signheremd

Not sure what kind of wall you are working with. But for exterior, Grimco's Multigrip is a really awesome product with years of removability. For interior, we just used General Formulations' Wallmark 226HTR - both high tack and removable (at least for the first year) - this stuff laid well, works as advertised, printed well, will become a regular product here. And did I mention price point fabulous...

Kiko

Phototex can be as vibrant as something like ij35c, you just need to crank up the passes and ink limits. I run it at 20 passes.
I haven't tried running Phototex on our 570 but will definitely give it a shot at 20-25 passes.

Kiko

Not sure what kind of wall you are working with. But for exterior, Grimco's Multigrip is a really awesome product with years of removability. For interior, we just used General Formulations' Wallmark 226HTR - both high tack and removable (at least for the first year) - this stuff laid well, works as advertised, printed well, will become a regular product here. And did I mention price point fabulous...
I totally forgot about the Wallmark 226...Will have to test that out.

KBMedia

We have run wall graphics with ij 35, ij 40, ij 180 and phototext.
All have their different attributes. The best results we have seen for adhesion, removability and vibrancy is by far ij 180.
Most would say this is over kill for wall graphics. But we have concluded that it gives us the best results for the clients that potentially could change their graphics within a few years.

CanuckSigns

I've had good luck with Retack from Drytac, it comes in 3 mil and 6 mil depending on if you want to laminate or not. The adhesive is very aggressive, but it does remove cleanly. My Drytac rep explained that the adhesive never fully sets up so it never becomes permanent.