• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WANTED - Roland SP300 printer/cutter - or other similar machine

Legman

Posted April 9, 2009....................

I'm looking for a good, used Roland SP300, or similar machine from a different mfg......Gerber, Mimaki, Mutoh etc.. If you have one or know where I can get one please responmd to: pbbm@comcast.net.

NOTICE: I've seen some insane prices on these things and know that they cost around $10,000 - $12,000 RETAIL when new but let's face it guys, would you pay HALF retail for a 5 year old car? I didn't think so!

So please know that I'm looking for a deal. If you need the money and have a good used machine I HAVE the dough to buy it.

If you have a different brand printer/cutter tell me what you have. I'M NOT LOOKING FOR SOMETHING BIG ENOUGH TO PRINT A PIECE OF PLYWOOD!!!! ALL I NEED IS A 24-30 INCH MACHINE.

FatCat

Not to stir the pot - so to speak. But you're not comparing apples to apples with your "car" statement. When dealing with machines that are used to produce work, they will either make you money or they won't. Age comes into play, as well as condition - but not as much as some people would like.

The SP300 or any other print/cut system is a fairly specialized piece of equipment. Even more so than just a standard printer. There aren't a lot of them out there (in relationship to cars) therefore demand is higher than supply. Therefore the market sets the price and they tend to hold their value.

slimlin

stirring the pot

Hi

I noticed your post, and i understand what you mean completely.

I just wonder why you want to buy a printer that expensive to maintain, if you really is looking for a cheaper alternative, that do the same job:

SP-300
Printheads 950$ a piece + other parts if needed

My printer is a SC 500 (not for sale), the older model, its even a 6 color machine, the sp-300 is only 4 colors.

Printheads 128 $ a piece on Ebay + other parts if needed

print resolution is the same 720x1440
It prints on the same media but 54" wide
do the same things, but much cheaper to maintain

You can buy a lot of good working SC-500´s for around 3000$ or less, i got my current SC-500 as a non-working that had been dropped on the floor a few times and bashed around for FREE, and i have spent 1300$ and its running, except for a small adjustment issue with the wire tension for the sled.

My previous printer was a CJ-500 that was lucky to buy for 1500$ on this site, another 1500$ shipping to denmark, and it was mine, after that i simply converted to ECO-SOL MAX inks, ran like a charm, after 1 year i sold it, making a good profit, and 1 year of free use

The only 2 real differences is the speed and the software you use.
The SC 500 has slower printspeed, and the software is more simple (read: less bells and whistles, but do the job anyway).

So if you dont have a lot of customers now, or in a build-up phase and time is not your biggest issue, go for the cheaper and just as good alternative.

If you go for the even newer XC-545 you need 6 printheads at a whopping 945$ EACH, and ofcourse all the other parts is just as expensive.

This is just my 2 cents i dont know you situation and your needs, but i just want to say that you should really think hard, before you are totally blinded by the "blazing printspeed" and other salestalk that most will tell you, you can actually buy 3 SC-500´s for the price of 1 SP-300, and the added bonus is that if one of your SC-500´s fail you can still work, but if you SP300 fail, you are bound to a costly spareparts chair, so long as it takes a tech to show up at your adress.

Kind regards and in the hope that you find what you need

Jakob

Mason

Posted April 9, 2009....................

I'm looking for a good, used Roland SP300, or similar machine from a different mfg......Gerber, Mimaki, Mutoh etc.. If you have one or know where I can get one please responmd to: pbbm@comcast.net.

NOTICE: I've seen some insane prices on these things and know that they cost around $10,000 - $12,000 RETAIL when new but let's face it guys, would you pay HALF retail for a 5 year old car? I didn't think so!

So please know that I'm looking for a deal. If you need the money and have a good used machine I HAVE the dough to buy it.

If you have a different brand printer/cutter tell me what you have. I'M NOT LOOKING FOR SOMETHING BIG ENOUGH TO PRINT A PIECE OF PLYWOOD!!!! ALL I NEED IS A 24-30 INCH MACHINE.
Current retail on an SP300V in Good condition with upgraded pumps is $8K - $8.5K, if youre looking to spend $3500- $4K youre probably out of luck unless someone is really really hurting.