• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Warranty... How is this interpreted?

Elwood Kinder

I have been quoted the JV100-160 but I am having a couple of issues. Dealer says replacing the AS5 ink with SS21 is absolutely out of the question according to Mimaki. My thought was to purchase a set of the SS21 inks and just shelf the AS5. Still this adds another $950.00 to the deal and I have (16) ink cartridges that more than likely I will have to eat with them being so new. Dealer says the installation of the SS21 doesn't affect the warranty, but this brings me to my next issue. Dealer says the warranty is (1) year Total Care and (1) year Parts Plus. The way I read the promotion details (attached), I understand it to mean an additional (1) year of parts plus (with registration). What are your thoughts?
Capture.JPG

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I would think if it was 2 years total, that would be stated. There should be a disclosure somewhere you can read more about it

visual800

I look at all warranties like this. If you buy something and use it, you have voided the warranty immediately!:D

tbullo

Superunknown
For what is worth, we had our JV100 installed in August and it came with SS21 ink. We didn't have to choose any ink package, it just showed up with SS21 ink. Maybe our dealer picked it for us.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You shouldn't leave anything up to interpretation. Have it in writing and have all parties sign, date it and make sure who's ever signing for the dealer is authorized. This sh!t is where they will fall back on, if anything goes wrong. Aww..... Jerry didn't have the dealership's approval to say this, this or that. Sorry.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As a Mimaki dealer I can tell you, it's 12 months of someone like me coming in and fixing any issue that may arise, and then 12 months of free parts but the service will be charged by your dealer. 12 more months of that if you register.

For what is worth, we had our JV100 installed in August and it came with SS21 ink. We didn't have to choose any ink package, it just showed up with SS21 ink. Maybe our dealer picked it for us.

AS5s just came out. I just installed my first one today after installing 3 others with SS21 already.

• Informative
Reactions: 2B

WildWestDesigns

You shouldn't leave anything up to interpretation. Have it in writing and have all parties sign, date it and make sure who's ever signing for the dealer is authorized. This sh!t is where they will fall back on, if anything goes wrong. Aww..... Jerry didn't have the dealership's approval to say this, this or that. Sorry.

This right here. In this day and age (very much more so now), I would not leave anything open ended. Make sure that it is well documented and make sure that the person that gave you the answer is one that can actually give you that answer.

Whomever you are going to be dealing with, make sure that everything is in writing by someone that can do so. Even if they aren't, one may be able to argue "good faith", but even with that, I would be a stickler. It seems like it's a lot of effort, but with the way things are going for end users in a lot of areas, I would make sure to cover one's basis. May be alot of work on the front end, but it definitely helps later on when it's needed.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Are you able to pay more for an extended warranty? We like to keep our printers under warranty as long as possible as it results in faster repair times and less downtime. We're a printing company, not a printer repair company. If it's not printing, then it's not making us money today.

Headstrike

Mimaki Wide Format Printer Services
I have been quoted the JV100-160 but I am having a couple of issues. Dealer says replacing the AS5 ink with SS21 is absolutely out of the question according to Mimaki. My thought was to purchase a set of the SS21 inks and just shelf the AS5. Still this adds another $950.00 to the deal and I have (16) ink cartridges that more than likely I will have to eat with them being so new. Dealer says the installation of the SS21 doesn't affect the warranty, but this brings me to my next issue. Dealer says the warranty is (1) year Total Care and (1) year Parts Plus. The way I read the promotion details (attached), I understand it to mean an additional (1) year of parts plus (with registration). What are your thoughts? View attachment 156247
I believe it's 2 years labor and parts, plus 1 year of parts only.
You can switch from SS21 to AS5 if you want but you need to flush the lines first.
That will not void the warranty (if done by a dealer).
I believe AS5 is cheaper than SS21 with same quality. Although AS5 offers less ink configurations than SS21 ( only 4C or 8C).
The only problem with cartridges you shelf is that they are probably going to expire before you will use them.