• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wasatch Corrupt Company

czwalga

I have Wasatch 7.4; not great but does what I need. For various reasons I don't have the printer computer connected to the internet. Everything is handled via usb.

Yesterday I had it on the internet for the first time in a few months, Wasatch did an autoupdate. It kicked out my registration code. Upon reboot I can't get into the software since I don't have the registration code.

I contact wasatch to get it, they say they don't support that version anymore so they can't give out the registration code. They just direct me to their $50 a month software package. Claiming you get all the tech support you need and the latest software! What a good deal!

I understand not supporting legacy software, but this is not support. This is a scam, hoping people lost their registration codes. Not providing a registration code, when I have the dongle and serial number is criminal. It's not like the software was that old. It was bought 2.5 years ago for $2k.

Fortunately, I was able to find it going through emails 3 years back. What's funny is that in the email it says, Wasatch 7.4 ENABLED PERMANENTLY. There's probably lawsuit here.

Sorry for the rant, but I'd never buy anything from this company and want others to know as well.

Bert Wondervan

You have unknowingly updated your Wasatch software to a higher version / edition. That's why your dongle and serial number no longer work.
Remove the software and install the old 7.4 and no longer update it to a higher version / edition.

czwalga

You have unknowingly updated your Wasatch software to a higher version / edition. That's why your dongle and serial number no longer work.
Remove the software and install the old 7.4 and no longer update it to a higher version / edition.

I did not. They just kicked out my registration code as soon as I opened wasatch with the internet on. Once i found the registration code it worked. However the company won't give you your code anymore if you don't have it. They provide it via email.

Also they don't even let you download legacy versions, as they removed them all from their site.

WildWestDesigns

I would suspect that this is pro forma and not really much can do about it.

I wouldn't be surprised that if for whatever reason my install of a program got wiped before I was able to deactivate it (or if deactivation was even an option for me in order to reactivate it later on) and I asked for another "seat" to be opened up and this was legacy software that any one of them would do it.

It would suck and I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't be surprised by it. Why I wouldn't be surprised, because I had one software that I did have that very instance happen to my while it was under support and it was hell to get them to do it. They did it, but it wasn't a quick phone call either.

As to keeping legacy versions of software for download, that's going to depend on the vendor. Typically the more expensive the software, the least likely they are to do that, at least in my experience with the software that I use. My suggestion would be to create ISOs using disc burning software. That way have a back up and most modern OSs will mount an ISO as a virtual drive, so don't even have to worry about a piece of hardware not working right on you.

FatCat

Similar scenario happened to us with Wasatch, as of end of last year they will no longer support legacy versions and if you have any trouble will be forced to go to the monthly subscription. Unfortunately, this is becoming the way of the world for most commercial software packages - look at Adobe.

It sucks, I was disappointed too, but honestly, $600.00/yr is pretty cheap to keep everything updated, knowing you have 24/7 support anytime you call.

Just my .02¢

czwalga

Similar scenario happened to us with Wasatch, as of end of last year they will no longer support legacy versions and if you have any trouble will be forced to go to the monthly subscription. Unfortunately, this is becoming the way of the world for most commercial software packages - look at Adobe.

It sucks, I was disappointed too, but honestly, $600.00/yr is pretty cheap to keep everything updated, knowing you have 24/7 support anytime you call.

Just my .02¢

Like I said, if they just don't support it that's fine. It's another to rig the software so it doesn't work and all they have to do is provide a code which you paid for.

greysquirrel

I have serviced and installed printers for over thirteen years dealing with onyx, Wasatch, caldera, Flexi, versa works and shiraz....I have never seen a rip automatically update itself. It requires user interface...

E Coloney

I'm with you. My 'puter/software/printer work just fine now. I don't need any "improvements" at the expense/effort of something going wrong. I don't even connect to the internet. When this computer fails, THEN I'll deal with it.

WildWestDesigns

I have serviced and installed printers for over thirteen years dealing with onyx, Wasatch, caldera, Flexi, versa works and shiraz....I have never seen a rip automatically update itself. It requires user interface...

This day in age now, that will all be different. If fact, isn't that the whole point of this "always connected and subscription based" world of computing that we are involved with now? Always being able to be on the latest and "greatest"? Of course, the conspiracy theorist in me could go a little bit further then that, but I digress.

redprint

Your Dongle should have a tag on it, that has the code you need. My has it, been on there since I bought it like 10 years ago. I am going to the monthly charge as this is the only way you will get updates and newer versions. You have to keep getting newer versions due to compatibility with Operating Systems on a computer and or new features.