• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wasatch Cutpath Situation

Angela

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this post. I have been using Wasatch to conture cut things for awhile now but I am stumped. I have some artwork that WON'T go into Wasatch with the cutpath. I have tried it 6 ways to Sunday and to no avail. It seems to be the artwork, I think. Only because I just sent another print and it worked????? Any advice would be greatly appericiated.

Signed,
So Confused and Frusterated:help

FatCat

OK, not sure what you know, and what you don't....so bear with me.

1. Create your cut path in Illy

2. Create a new color swatch in Illy's palette (typically I use 100% Magenta) and rename it as CUTPATH (all one word, no spaces) make sure you create it as a spot color. This is the color you use for your contour cut.

3. Before you upload into Wasatch, make sure you have selected "Process Cut Paths" within the setup window.

Voila!

Angela

OK, not sure what you know, and what you don't....so bear with me.

1. Create your cut path in Illy

2. Create a new color swatch in Illy's palette (typically I use 100% Magenta) and rename it as CUTPATH (all one word, no spaces) make sure you create it as a spot color. This is the color you use for your contour cut.

3. Before you upload into Wasatch, make sure you have selected "Process Cut Paths" within the setup window.

Voila!

OKEEE DOE KEY gimme a sec and I will let you know :)

Angela

Woooooo WHOOO!!! Thank you FatCat, YOU are Rock'n. I noticed we have alot of the same stuff, mutoh, wasatch, illy cs3 and a graphtec, WE COULD BE TWINS!!! Just kidding, thank you so much I really appericiate it. Thank you again so much :)

FatCat

OK, also - I forgot to mention to make sure you also print the necessary crop marks for your cutter to use in order to see/register the printed piece for cutting.

(Again, not sure what you know, and what you don't...)

PromoGuyTy

Simple Name Cutting with Wasatch...

We just got Wasatch to use with our new GS6000....but we thought we might as well use it with our cutter, too, for cutting names for T-Shirts...

When we were using Flexi, we just went in typed the names...and cut.

Am I correct that with Wasatch we don't have that option?

Do we HAVE to create the file in Illy or CorelDraw and create cutpath?

Angela

I can't believe this post, my name is Angela and I am having the SAME EXACT problem, I swear I have been working on this thing for like 3 hours, on the brink of tears, I swear. But Fat Cat I have the Process Cut Paths marked and it still won't read. I did another cut before that, it worked and now I can't get this one to go. I have done everything you said to do and to no avail. Anymore great words of advice? Could it be the artwork, it is just lettering. Please help me

Angela

ummmmm....Fat Cat I wanted to let you know that I just realized that this was my post from awhile back, needless to say I feel pretty stupid, I laughed at myself but feel stupid none the less.:covereyes: Anyways if you could help me with this situation I would greatly appericiate it

Angela

usually I create the outlines, click expand apperance then click expand but it is not going to expand apperance just straight to expand?

jc1cell

Hey Angela,

Wondering if you were able to solve this. Just yesterday I was trying to cut a file via Wasatch (as I normally do) and the running ants ran away (no where to be found).

Tried recreating the cut path in Illy. Tried re-configuring the printers (cutter) in Wasatch and nothing.

Let me know please when you get the chance.

jc

BTW...post 14...pretty funny...I lol'd like crazy.