• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

washing fluid vs pre fill up solution

Brands Imaging

we are out of washing fluid but I have a ton of "pre fill up solution" from when our printer was shipped...

can i use that too??

benjercorp

Don't do it you will most likely see White spot everywhere get washing fluid no matter you do "Do Not Put pre fill up Solution"

COREYAARON

Is the prefill the solvent or water based? Regardless, if in a last resort you are out of your washing fluid you can use the pre-fill, it is just a milder martini. Oh yeah, don't mix water based with solvent anything but i'm sure you know that. Good luck.
COREY AARON
NEXT WAVE MEDIA SOLUTION

pinki

At the time the technician installed my CJV30-160 he told me to keep the fill-up cartridges for this purpose, is indeed the same stuff.

rgds
Erik

artbot

90% of cleaning solutions on the market are glycol ethers and acetone. i just mix butyl cellosolve and acetone from sherwin williams. you can make a weak batch for purging lines (about 9-1), and a strong batch for cleaning (6-1). ink companies are buying about $10 worth of solvents and reselling them for around $800 to end users.